Is anyone else having issues with search?

Rhyannon Paragorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday my "show in search" untoggled itself several times. Finally it stayed, however it kicked us in search from page 1 to the middle of page 2 in the matter of a few hours.Today in less then 24 hours we're now listed on page 4. The entire time we've been open (almost a year) we've never been listed under page one. We are now listed so low that we are actually showing under our group in search. I am searching the same thing I always have "maternity clinic" with all 3 maturity ratings listed. Under places we are listed as number 14 so I know there is no way that we are showing lower then some of the ones before us. I sent a report this evening but really there are no support issues for something like this. I was wondering if this is happening to any other businesses?

3 answers to this question

Which search are you talking about?

My listing has been pretty much consistant for ages using either v1 or standard v2 search, but dropped wayyyy lower on the wonderful new v2 search beta (not sure if its still called beta or not).

I have no idea how the new search listings are calculated, but when you use a keyword to search & your shop that is on a full sim with reasonable traffic comes up lower than a 512 plot with no traffic & no shop  that even spelt the keyword wrong I have no clue what sort of algorithim that is LOL :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.