Mac Lion Using viewer 2.7.5 (235722) Jul 14 2011 ..I am unable to edit my profile

Keylee Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i am unable to edit my Profile ... the box is different than it was before...--no graphics  to it all text... ..Just happened all of a sudden ..did not change anything... 

Started with me being unable to upload picture  to my profile... getting SSL handshake error ..

Any suggestions..have uninstalled SL and then reinstalled ...but still does same

ON MacBook Pro ..intel chips... latest Lion software

4 answers to this question

There are issues with the Lion update and also issues with the last few LL viewer updates, so its anyone`s guess which bugs you are being affected by.

Try the latest development viewer, which you can get from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers & if that works then at least you will know it was a viewer problem.

As Peewee says, it could be several things going wrong. Some people have no issues with SL at all using Lion from what I can see. Are you able to edit your profile in Safari or Firefox?

When you uninstalled the viewers - did you also remove the SecondLife folder from ~/Library/Application support/ and empty ~/Library/caches/SecondLife/? You may have to get to the library by selecting 'Go to folder' from the 'Go' menu and pasting in the path. I suggest doing this as well as resetting your modem and router before trying to connect again.

Also, the latest beta and development viewers sucks on some Macs. I've read other people have issues with them, and I have it myself. The framerate is vertually nonexistent, and pretty much unusable on my MBP with an ATI card. (Haven't tried it on one with a Nvidia card) [EDIT] Disabling VBO helps a lot.

ETA. You might find some tips in this thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Apple-OS-X-Lion-Compatibility/td-p/990229/page/2

- Luc -

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem as Keylee. Besides my own profile, I cannot get details of others profiles.

Also on a MacBook Pro ..intel chips... latest Lion software.

Graphics to begin with was a problem but sorted that out.

Oh and the Develpment veiwer is just the same :-(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.