Can anyone in a group eject the creator of the group?

Bunnynthe Forrest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

By default when you create a group you are the group owner. You can add other owners and all owners have equal rights within the group & cannot remove or demote another owner, against their will.

There is no specific role or powers bestowed on the Founder (creator) of a group, other than being an owner, so if he/she chose to change their role to one other than being an owner, they would become as vunerable as any other member to being ejected by anyone in the owner role or a role with powers to eject.

If the group Founder did not demote himself from the safety of the owner role, then someone should contact LL because it is not supposed to be possible for ANYONE to demote or eject an owner. If he did demote himself at some point, then yes it is possible that someone ejected him, BUT all the group owners would have received a notification that he was ejected and who by.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

By default when you create a group you are the group owner. You can add other owners and all owners have equal rights within the group & cannot remove or demote another owner, against their will.

There is no specific role or powers bestowed on the Founder (creator) of a group, other than being an owner, so if he/she chose to change their role to one other than being an owner, they would become as vunerable as any other member to being ejected by anyone in the owner role or a role with powers to eject.

If the group Founder did not demote himself from the safety of the owner role, then someone should contact LL because it is not supposed to be possible for ANYONE to demote or eject an owner. If he did demote himself at some point, then yes it is possible that someone ejected him, BUT all the group owners would have received a notification that he was ejected and who by.

• Like 1

I just checked in my group and I do not have the ability to eject an owner which the person that created the group would be by default.

Now it could be possible that the person that created the group had left the group at one time and rejoined it again but was not set as an owner, making it possible to eject them in theory. I'm not gonna leave my group to test this though.

Hope this helps... Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.