Lagging to death

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you're not talking low framerates, I would suggest checking your internet connection or wireless connection. Try resetting your modem and router and/or try connecting using a cable.

If you are using the latest beta viewer you may want to go back to a previous viewer. 

Otherwise, as the others say, give us some more details about your system, viewer, and so on.

- Luc -

Yeah, I noticed a bunch of lag last night about the time you posted.  My guess it that it lasted about an hour, maybe a bit less.  It was happening in several sims, and for several friends, so it was not our particular graphics driver or OS or viewer.  The statictics bar showed low sim frame rates, with time dialation .1 to .3.  The sim frame rates and time dialation measure *server* performance.

What was it?  I don't know.  I do know that it happens from time to time, not really common, but not rare.  And I never see a word about it at the LL network status link.  Its kind of hard to figure out when this kind of lag is system wide, it is more often due to problems with a particular sim, or a particluar beta server release, both very annoying and much more common occurances.

Yes, my screen keeps freezing up too.  I have had to shut down my computer in order to close out of SL.  SL client totally freezes. 

I've crashed every night for the last three nights.  Last night and tonight have crashed multiple times.  The people that I'm working with inworld, are also crashing multiple times a night, in the past week. 

This has happened on private sims, mainland and university sims. 

In the past month, I've tested different viewers to see if I can crash less, and nothing seems to help.  It's not my computer, as it's very capable to handle SL.  There is something going on with grid stability. 

I'm heading to the beta grid to work, and it's sad that the only place that seems stable, is beta grid. 

• 2 years later...

Twilight52 wrote:

It started happening to me I thought it was my laptop...but apparently it must be sl...should I go back to the old firestorm viewer?

This thread is two years old... it would behoove you to start a new one and give some specific details about what you're experiencing plus your system and viewer information.

You might also what to ask for help in the Firestorm Support group (link).

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.