How do I give information for others to send me Lindins And how do I receive them

SarinCyanide

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, more or less, I just simply don't know how to send and receive $L.

Wether or not this person that I would give or receive $L from is a freind, does that mater I read some things abouth how they have to be your freind but I don't know if thats for sure.

Also, I just don't know that much about SL anyways, but I knw it's fun. I tried loking anywhere I could but could not find any information.

This is alot more straitforward than the last way I put my question.

3 answers to this question

Perhaps I misread you post.  You are trying to accept payment in linden dollars for items sold on an art website that have nothing to do with Second Life??  I think you might find that violates the TOS.  Perhaps you can edit your post and explain what you are trying to do in more detail.  Don't want to give you bad information.

--Cinn

Perhaps the easiest way is to give potential clients a notecard that describes your service, the cost, and your pre-payment policy.  Invite them to IM you and ask questions if they have concerns or want to discuss the terms of the commission. 

It is always quite easy to pay another person in SL.  You simply open the person's profile and click the Pay button, fill in the amount to be paid, and click OK.  The L$ are transferred immediately from your account to the other person's.  Both of you can see a record of the transaction at secondlife.com >> Accounts >> Transaction History.  Because you are selling a future commission, I recommend that you follow up by sending an immediate thank you note to acknowledge their payment and tell them when the work will be delivered.  After all, they are trusting you to do the work, and you need to assure them that you will complete the bargain.

What I have described is a common process for scripters and other content creators in SL, so it will be familiar to many buyers.

• Like 1

SarinCyanide wrote:

Okay, more or less, I just simply don't know how to send and receive $L.

Wether or not this person that I would give or receive $L from is a freind, does that mater I read some things abouth how they have to be your freind but I don't know if thats for sure.

Also, I just don't know that much about SL anyways, but I knw it's fun. I tried loking anywhere I could but could not find any information.

This is alot more straitforward than the last way I put my question.

It doesn't make any difference whether a person is your friend or if they even know you.  Anyone can pay you money.  As I said before, all they need to do is open your profile and click PAY.    Take a look at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-objects/ta-p/700143 for more information about selling things in SL.  You might also find http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/118/7b/121897/1.html interesting as well.  The mechanisms for buying and selling are incredibly simple in SL.  Probably the best way to see how it's done is just to go shopping.  If you have a friend, go together and send each other small amounts of L$ for practice. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.