How long does it normally take to get the items you bought in the marketplace delivered to you?

BlueAgate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to SL and just feeling my way around so-to-speak.  I have a house and I just bought some furniture and stuff to decorate it.  How do I put it in my house and how long does it take to get moved to my objects folder?  I got one item so far. 

2 answers to this question

Open your Inventory, find an item you want to "rez", left mouse click on an item and hold, then drag the item from your inventory onto the ground.

Items should be delivered almost instantly, if you have not received the Item you purchased from Market Place within 24 hours you can contact the Seller and request a re-delivery.

A record of items your purchase can be found at your Dashboard in the Transaction History.

Not that it necessarily helps now, but here are a couple of things to remember for another time:

1. Don't overload the shopping cart.  That software is notoriously easy to confuse when you order too many things at once.  I rarely order more than one thing at a time myself, and generally recommend that people stick to fewer than a half dozen.

2.  Be sure that you are in world to receive the products.  Each SL resident has a "in box" that holds any IMs, group notices, group invitations, notecards, or objects that have been sent while the resident was off world. That "in box" is capped when it reaches 25 items.  After that, it refuses to accept any more.  Non-deliverable items are not saved.  They are deleted .... gone.  Normally this is not much of a problem for most people, because most of us have our IMs (the biggest number of deliverable items) forwarded to e-mail.  If you order a huge pile of Marketplace items and are not in world to receive them, however, your in box can be clogged immediately, forcing many of the items to be lost.  NEVER order Marketplace items unless you are in world at the time.

To get a record of the individual items in your order, open Marketplace and click the My Marketplace menu at the top of the page. Select My Account >> Order History from the pulldown menu. If you do not receive items within about 24 hours, you should cut and paste the information about a missing item from that Order History and send it in a IM or notecard to the merchant, along with a polite message requesting redelivery. Most merchants are very kind and willing to redeliver. This happens all the time and they are aware of it. Do be patient, though. Not everyone logs in to SL every day or checks their e-mail. If you still haven't heard in another day or two, follow it up with a second polite note and finally, if you STILL haven't heard, file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ , selecting Marketplace from the pulldown menu.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.