Sign in to follow this  
Qwalyphi Korpov

The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

/me is listening for the end of Viewer 1.  Wasn't this the day?

(it's really getting late to set up a forum for it now I spose)

Today is a good day to die.

Not dead yet. Snowglobe still connects and works just fine. Where did this rumor come from that the 1.x series were being killed today?

I think Qwal still has time to start that page.    :smileyhappy:

also depends on your definition of "die"..... if that definition is "blocked from connecting" the answer is "not anytime soon".

if the definition is "nigh on useless to connect with" the answer is "when meshes start seeing heavy use"

if the definition is "stops getting vital bug and crash fixes" the answer is "it's been worm food for a long time"

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes

"Because we will only support the current version and one version back, 60 days after the release of a new official Viewer, the oldest official Viewer will be deprecated.

Note: Viewer 1.23.5 remains an exception to the above policy, as there are no immediate plans to deprecate it."

- Linden Lab

kinda goes into my list of possible responses... and people confusing V1 with TPV's ...

vaniLLa V1 can be dowloaded but it's been dead awhile... no patches, broken/missing features all over the place, I feel for anyone that can only run that.

TPV's really aren't V1... they stopped being V1 the moment they get patched....but people think "well it looks mostly the same"... but they really aren't.