I can't see my friends messages when she chats with me? It says "typing" and then nothing..

Sofy Faith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't see my friends messages when she chats with me? It says "typing" and then nothing... so I don't know how to see what she types to me but She can see who I type to her, the weird this is also I can see when she chats to me when we are right next to each other I'm not sure what is up? But when she is away from me in a nother area far away I hear nothing.

3 answers to this question

Yeah I sometimes see in the chat bar it says "typing" but don't receive any message. I think most of the time it's because the other person gives up sending message halfway or it's just a glitch of some sort. Once in a while I see that someone is typing thingy even when the person isn't on-line. If you feel uneasy, you can ask your friends if they were messaging you.

Have you muted (blocked) her by accident. Check that she is not on your Blocked list, which you should find under the Privacy tab of your Preferences.

Edit: If you're using the beta viewer 2.8, the block list is not on the Privacy tab but you'll find it under the People tab > click arrow beside gear cog > Show Blocked Residents & Objects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.