why can´t i loog on at my SL it keep saying that ter is somthig worng with SL server or my internet

fantomeDK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

why cant i loog on at my secindlife. it keep saying that ther is smothing worng with secondlifes server or my internet. but i dont seems like the ris somthing worng with my interet. because i works on enny other thing ecept secondlife.

hope somone can help me

3 answers to this question

Just because you have an Internet connection doesn't mean that it's stable or strong enough to handle SL.  Unlike games that you may have played on line, SL demands a lot of bandwidth and it trades information back and forth between your viewer and its servers.  If there is insufficient bandwidth or if the stream of data is interrupted, you will get poor performance or may crash.  You may not even get to log in.

I'd suggest ....

(1) Be sure that your computer meets LL's recommended standards >>> https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php?lang=en-US

(2) If you are on wireless, try switching to a direct cable connection.  Many people have trouble with wireless in SL because there is too much interference from cell phones, garage door openers, .....

(3) Reboot your router and your modem by unplugging both of them for a minute or so.  That will clear cobwebs and force them to establish a fresh IP address.

(4) Once you get in world, don't push your Quality settings in Preferences too high until you know that your system can handle it.  Keep your drawing distance low at first (64m or so to start). 

(5) In Preferences >> Graphics >> Hardware Settings, try UNchecking Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffers (VBO) and HTTP Textures if you are still having trouble, and turn Antialiasing OFF.

(6) You can monitor your own FPS and packet loss (among other things) by opening your Statistics panel (CTRL + Shift + 1).  You should expect FPS to be at least 30-40 and packet loss to be very close to zero.  If packet loss is higher than about 0.5%, you are likely to have poor performance.

If you get a good performance, you can try undoing any of the steps above to see how much your system can handle.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.