Stack Exchange

w1zard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I infrequently browse stack exchange sites, but I don't actively post there...

honestly I wouldn't expect much draw since they tend to cater to wider audience topics, and LSL is for the most part only used within SL (or to some extent in various openSim clones that have limited support for it). it's just a bit to application specific I think, which leads into Roligs line of thinking...

the existing community is already being very well served between three major forums dedicated to SL topics, all with active LSL scripting communities, so there isn't much draw to leave them. Until LSL sees major use outside of SL I don't see there being a wider draw. in fact it's been a long standing plan (that was partially worked on already) to move away from LSL to something more comon like C# with SL specific extensions.

Sorry.  I didn't mean to sound curt or overly dismissive.  Void did a much better job of phrasing my feelings in her post.  Basically, LSL is an "in house" language of no use to the outside world.  The scripting audience is already more than adequately served by this forum, the LSL Library, connections to sections of the technical forums, the LSL wiki, other forums sites (like SLUniverse), MANY in-world scripters groups, educational sites (like Builder's Brewery, the College of Scripting, Music & Science, ...), plus a pile of blogs.  I have not used Stack Exchange myself, and doubt that I would bother looking there for yet another place to discuss LSL scripting issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.