Cannot TP into most Sims or walk across Sim Borders --- HELP!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a friend who I am trying to help figure out a chronic problem.     For the past month he has been having trouble when he moves from one sim to another.       He first started noticing this when he started crashing in the middle of TPs.   He was safe to TP to a limited number of sims, but very few.     Then he also noticed that he could not even walk across some sim borders.    When he would walk from one into another, all he would see is water, like he was at the bottom of the sea.

We have deleted and reinstall his Viewer and tried three separate viewers... all with the same results.   He made a support request, but nothing has really happened with that he says.  He is not the most technical person.

Does anyboy recognize this problem... and if so, do you know how to fix it????

Many thanks.

Malestorm wrote:

I have a friend who I am trying to help figure out a chronic problem.     For the past month he has been having trouble when he moves from one sim to another.       He first started noticing this when he started crashing in the middle of TPs.   He was safe to TP to a limited number of sims, but very few.     Then he also noticed that he could not even walk across some sim borders.    When he would walk from one into another, all he would see is water, like he was at the bottom of the sea.

We have deleted and reinstall his Viewer and tried three separate viewers... all with the same results.   He made a support request, but nothing has really happened with that he says.  He is not the most technical person.

Does anyboy recognize this problem... and if so, do you know how to fix it????

Many thanks.

Have your friend try teleporting without their hair or their shoes (if they wear scripted items).  See if that helps. Or it could be a HUD they are wearing. Scripts are often a problem. Discover what it is by a process of elimination.

As several have pointed out, the number of scripts and the weight of those scripts can cause a TP to fail. That is probably the most common reason for tp failure.

In the Market Place you can get a free script counter. Have your friend get one and check out what his script load is. You can of course talk him into striping to bare skin and leteporting some place... to see if tht is the problem. it would be really mean to rename an LM to a crowded welcome area and give it to him... I'd never to that. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.