Blender 249.2 Please Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2011-07-23 13-20-01.jpgSnapshot2_001_001_001.png

Hello everybody.

Sorry for maybe lame question but this is driving me crazy.

Can anybody please explain to me why nice square mesch in blender after baking skulpt and uploading to Second Life is rotated and tapered?

I have one more question is it possible to come inside sculpted object if it is big have hole but it isn’t declared as phantom in SL.

It may be that you have to apply the scale and rotation in Blender before making the sculpt map. I'm not entirely sure of this, though.

As far as being able to walk inside a sculptie with a hole in it - no, I don't think it is possible without setting it to phantom. It will still be one prim, and the bounding box will encompass the whole prim, even if the shape of it has a hole in it. 

- Luc -

The 2nd result image you supplied looks exactly like the first one. They look square to me but it could pe the perspective of the camera.

May Will help to put a texture map grid on the sculpt to make sure.

And Blender 2.5x series is a much better beast than 2.49 ever was.

It is a bit hard to see what is happening in Blender since the picture is a bit on the small side. Could you add a bigger picture of the Blender model, in edit mode? (So that we can see the topology of the model.)

I suspect the issue is either because of object rotation not being quite right in Blender, or vertex snapping when baking. Did you try to import the sculptie back into Blender after baking it? (Sorry, I don't remember how to do this as I'm on a machine where I don't have PrimStar installed.)

I think - and I'm not sure if this is what you do already - the best thing is to keep the model at right angles as much as possible in Blender.  Rotate it in edit mode so that the edges and faces are at right angles, Then go to object mode and apply the rotation by selecting Object->Clear/Apply->Apply Scale/Rotation to ObData. Then bake the sculptie.

Perhaps do this on a copy of your original Blender file? This *should* take care of any problems caused by rotation.

Vertex snapping is also a possible cause of the issues. Each vertex in a sculptie can only be in one out of 255 (256?) positions. If a vertex is not in the correct position in the model in Blender, it will snap to the closest possible position when baking to a sculpt map. This could potentially alter the shape of the model after baking. I have no idea if this is the case here...

Also, before baking, press Ctrl+N to make sure your normals are correct.

If none of this works, I'm not sure I know how to help... :(

- Luc -

TU for all the tips but I tried it and no progress after importing sculpt it looks exactly the same like original and is also rotated 22.5 degrees on z. I needed this rotation on beginning of creation when I was flattening cylinder 8/8 and needed to keep faces cant on itch side. It looks like its sapping corners in SL to cubic so I have it tapered on the end instead of square:(Snapshot2_001_001_001.png2011-07-23 16-26-16.jpg2011-07-27 07-53-19.jpg

Stretch the sculpty in SL to the same (relative) dimensions you see in the bottom right hand corner of the Transform Properties box in Blemder (1.54 x 1.212 x 1.305). The sheared effect is due to the combination of the angled oriemtation in Blender and the fact that is is fitted into an exact cube when you first rez it.

You can also turn off the stretchin to fit the cube using one of the options in the bake sculpt map dialog, but that reduces the spatial resolution.

You would do better to rotate it back before baking the sculpt map. It will waste less of the available resolution and stop the sher distortion. You seem also to be missing the bulge (handle?). I can't see an explanation for that at this point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.