Silly boys SL is for girls!

Kelinda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Void Singer wrote:

I'm pretty sure those 4 points can be beaten more easily than you imagine, but worse I think you are falling back to on "is this person attractive" criteria, rather than "is this person the gender I expect"

PS

everyone naturally uses "attractiveness" criteria when meeting new people, but those vary by culture and personal taste. some have more, less, or different "points", and I'd definitely disagree that there is one absolute fixed standard.

perhaps you lack a certain heterosexual male component.

is it female is the first question we subconsiously ask ourselves,

is it attractive is the second, thats why the face is last on the list.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Void Singer wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

perhaps you lack a certain heterosexual male component.

both actually

not that it makes one bit of difference to the over generalizing your behavior to every heterosexual male in existence that you're engaging in

i'm just refering to adult heterosexual human males,  sorry if i generalised.

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Kelinda wrote:

So it seems to me women out number men 8-10 to 1 in Second Life. Is this because most of SL is about shopping and homemaking? Are the boys off playing War Games?

One thing I've noticed about the 'War Games' thing, and maybe some of you folks could help me here, is the gun thing. OK, I did live in the US for 5 years as a teenager long, long ago but since then have been back in bad old Yurp. So I can't claim to have much firsthand knowledge of US culture. One thing I repeatedly ran into after joining SL were people yarfing on about  their gun collections, etc., etc. Is that a 'normal' US male thing or was I just unlucky to blunder into a crowd of psychopaths?

I don't think owning guns in the U.S. is either usual or unusual. Some do, some don't. Some have very strong feelings about it, most (in my opinion) do not. As for gun ownership being the definition of psychopathic behavior, something your last question seems to imply, I think that might be a bit overstated.

I've owned guns in the past, I don't own any now. I do own more than one fishing rod, and I'm as lethal with those as with a gun. Which is to say, not very. Well, I'm actually more lethal now that I think about it. Never shot anything but I have caught some fish.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

There is a reason we don't let you play with guns anymore. :smileytongue:

Hey! I was pretty  good with that thing—those little metal ducks were scared to death of me.

So was I. :smileytongue:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

There is a reason we don't let you play with guns anymore. :smileytongue:

Hey! I was pretty  good with that thing—those little metal ducks were scared to death of me.

So was I. :smileytongue:

I still am.  

Void Singer wrote:

the addition of "adult" still doesn't change anything, in fact it probably makes the generalization worse... but congratulations on finally matching me with at least one adjective.

unless you are an adult heterosexual human male i think you will struggle to understand,

it would appear that you are out of your depth, therefore i must conclude you are at least two defininitions missing

from the above *generalisation*.

I know enough of the breed to say with confidence that you are grossly mistaken in thinking your generaliztion applies to all, and possibly even a majority (I can't say it come up with even a majority of men I've talked to)

...including some who would just as stubbornly insist that their criteria, which is not the same, is the only one used by "adult heterosexual human males".

Void Singer wrote:

I know enough of the breed to say with confidence that you are grossly mistaken in thinking your generaliztion applies to all, and possibly even a majority (I can't say it come up with even a majority of men I've talked to)

...including some who would just as stubbornly insist that their criteria, which is not the same, is the only one used by "adult heterosexual human males".

you have no idea how mens minds work i'm afraid.

this is stuff they won't tell you.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

It's funny how for some individuals, all the world can be divided into only two groups:

Those who agree with that individual's opinion, and those who lack the mental capacity to comprehend it.

I'm sorry, but there are three groups.  Those who can count and those who can't.

Void Singer wrote:

obviously they will, you did.

... unless you are suddenly going to claim that you are not in fact any of those adjectives, and then please feel free to apply all of your arguments to yourself.

i'll tell you how the majority of women think and feel if you like

playing by your rules i'd be an expert.

you need a bridge.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Void Singer wrote:

... unless you are suddenly going to claim that you are not in fact any of those adjectives, and then please feel free to apply all of your arguments to yourself.

you need a bridge.

Really, Dogboat. Hang it up. I was hoping someone would point out the fallacy of your argument a few posts back. Someone did. After several posts in which you professed to know, and willingly shared, the thoughts of adult heterosexual human males you responded by saying that those very same people (among whom you clearly included yourself) would not tell their thoughts. I'm sorry to have to tell you but that just doesn't fly. You contradicted yourself. Massively. Let it go.

Just because I'm all done I'll throw in my two cent's worth, and I do know how to count to two. In my opinion any man who thinks his woman doesn't know exactly what he's all about is delusional. As is any man who thinks he has a woman all figured out. I'm not saying those things are not possible, just that they are very unlikely.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Void Singer wrote:

you need a bridge.

Really, Dogboat. Hang it up. I was hoping someone would point out the fallacy of your argument a few posts back. Someone did. After several posts in which you professed to know, and willingly
shared
, the thoughts of adult heterosexual human males you responded by saying that those very same people (among whom you clearly included yourself) would not tell their thoughts. I'm sorry to have to tell you but that just doesn't fly. You contradicted yourself. Massively. Let it go.

Just because I'm all done I'll throw in my two cent's worth, and I do know how to count to two. In my opinion any man who thinks his woman doesn't know exactly what he's all about is delusional. As is any man who thinks he has a woman all figured out. I'm not saying those things are not possible, just that they are very unlikely.

you are, at least i gather, a female.

you can have no idea of what you are talking about.

any woman who thinks she knows her man is delusional too, and history has repeated itself time and time again.

i didn't contradict myself, i couldn't care less what i tell you because i don't want either of you.

no, no, his argument is that all "adult heterosexual male humans" think exactly like him, but that none would ever say what they think, because he's a unique flower that is honest about it.....

now that's he's painted himself into that corner (they're all the same, but he's different) he's FINALLY trying to reach for the window of "majority".... too bad it's out of reach because he doesn't know a majority of men either.... I'm having a lot of fun watching him bury himself under his own arguments... especially after he missed the mark so widely with his implied insults.

PS
want some popcorn?

Void Singer wrote:

no, no, his argument is that all "adult heterosexual male humans" think exactly like him, but that none would ever say what they think, because he's a unique flower that is honest about it.....

now that's he's painted himself into that corner (they're all the same, but he's different) he's FINALLY trying to reach for the window of "majority".... too bad it's out of reach because he doesn't know a majority of men either.... I'm having a lot of fun watching him bury himself under his own arguments... especially after he missed the mark so widely with his implied insults.

PS

want some popcorn?

I'd be curious what he thinks, so I will also say here that I am asking you this directly Dogboat, what he thinks of Torley who lives in SL as a woman, who has said, "I have a very strong female voice" in his mind.

Are you afraid of this voice Dogboat?  Do you feel that it will make you less of a man to let it out?  I think it makes me a stronger man when I do.

Void Singer wrote:

PS

want some popcorn?

Thanks, but I'll pass on the popcorn ;-). I think maybe the discussion won't continue; it's gotten pretty quiet.

@Perrie: Good on ya, but I still say lose the hat if you decide to do another pic :smileywink:.

I think Torley just decides which av to use at the spur of the moment. I do recall that post in which he spoke of his female voice, though. I've long suspected that occurs in many, and of both genders. Some people listen, some don't. Some don't like it and really that's too bad. One should be able to live with oneself. There's no need to be public about it if you don't want to, but you should never be personally bothered by it.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

@Perrie: Good on ya, but I still say lose the hat if you decide to do another pic :smileywink:.

/me laughs

I had to really think a minute trying to figure that out what you were referring to and then i finally remembered my lingerie pictures. 

No, I don't dress like that in either world.  Those pictures were more so for a goof.

And as far as the hat goes, it has become almost like a trade mark for me In World.  It only comes off when I get in water (don't want to ruin it) and one other situation (I'll let you figure out what that is).  The day that Linden Lab loses my hat is the day I quit SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.