I'm mad !!! ... very mad !!!

AlenaCisse1488304239

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ruthhairfix is applied by the viewer in an attempt to get the avatar to rez (bake). it may be you have a bad connection to the sl servers. i'd try posting in the answers section and give as much info as possible about your system and internet connection and chances are there are people there who can help you.

Alena, this has happened to be once before. It was after I visited the skin fair, I didn't try on any skins while I was there but found myself wearing the ruthhairfix when I got home. As Bee said, it's caused by a bake fail.

This is what I did to fix it.

I did a character test. After that I replaced my skin, shape and eyes and wore a bald base as well as a hairbase tattoo layer. 

Since then it's never happened to me again.

Now I keep a copy of the bald base, skin, shape and eyes in a folder, just in case. 

I knew nothing of the ruthairfix before it happened to me and when it did, I came to the forum and found posts advising how to fix it, just like the advice and link that Griffin posted.

I hope you are able to resolve this issue and are back to your old self in no time :matte-motes-smile:

Even if I didn't have the same problem,but I'm using a lot of other viewers and mostly Phoenix, I realize that my SL experience is getting worst and worst every time I logged in and the main reason is the jumping through different kind of viewers.

Many times lately I see ppl to TP in my sim and after a while (1-2 min tops) to TP out without doing anything. I started to suspect that something weird going on. Sales are dropping dramatically and very few ppl staying after TP in.

Today I decide to check some of my own old Landmarks, after my first try I figure out that TP's are almost impossible!!!! many sims never get loaded in my viewer,  I crashed a lot of times and  the whole attempt was a failure.

As result? I quit and I did my housekeeping and other things.

So I think SL experience getting very unpleasent lately, people are bored to try more and they quitting.

I remember my first days in SL back in 2007 frequently crashes but todays never ending loading of an avatar and a destination it's much worse than a crash, it brakes nerves.

Someone needs to look what's going on.

P.S. and please don't respond to me with any technical guides for setting up preferences e.t.c. I know those things very well indeed. But when I logged as a noob in SL I didn't touched anything in my preferences and for a couple of years I lived just fine with.

• 4 weeks later...

You're very welcome Aylin. I had it happen to me again this weekend when a sim I was on restarted. I did the character test again and wore the items in the folder I created for this annoying but infrequent issue and I was back to my old self in no time. I can't take the credit for this idea though, other forum members have suggested this many times before me. 

Glad it worked for you. :matte-motes-smile: 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4621 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.