Application error oxc000001d

KatyaFiregirl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I guess I am not going to be joing you all in the Second Life universe.  Whenever I try to run SL, I get the following message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (oxc000001d). Click on OK to terminate the application.”

I have tried uninstalling, clearing my cache, cookies, etc, and reinstalling.   I have tried uninstalling, clearing the "user/application data/secondlife" folder, renaming said folder as indicated, rebooting, and reinstalling.  I have tried uninstalling, removing said folder, removing anything I could find that might be linked to SL, rebooting, reintstalling, and rebooting again.  All without success. 

I am still getting the exact same error message. 

Running Windows XP, with all system requiments/recommended parameters for SL met or exceeded.

And I have already spent WAY more time on this than it deserves....

6 answers to this question

Did you get a blue screen with this error?

Are you running maybe Windows XP on an older PC?

I would do frequent back ups of data on this PC.

This might be caused by a virus or a hardware problem (error in memory, bad sector on hard drive  malfunctioning CPU.) Run a full scan of your PC for viruses and check your events in the Windows OS for hardware issues.

I think you need a second opinion, however and I recommend you get it from here:

http://forums.cnet.com/?tag=mncol;pm

In the end, at the least, you might want to reinstall the OS. Backup your data before reinstalling the OS.

I'm going to use a disclaimer with this post/article.

Disclaimer: I have made suggestions to you that may or may not be representative of your problem. Computer technologies are complex and so are system configurations. Suggestions for seemingly obvious problems may not create effective solutions. If you follow these suggestion you do so at your sole discretion and risk. It has been my intention to be helpful. I do not claim to be a (the) authority regarding these issues. Disclaimers, are also provide from this web site regarding its use.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4015 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.