What is the best way to get instructions for scripting?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are several in-world classes.  NCI and Builders Brewery both offer them, to name but two.   

For what it's worth, I got started by doing some of the self-paced introductory tutorials at the College of Scripting http://slurl.com/secondlife/Horsa/43/236/84 and then finding a simple project that interested me (at the time, as I recall, I was trying to make windows switch between being visible and invisible and getting doors to open and close) and asking lots and lots of questions in the College of Scripting's in-world group and the Scripting Tips Forum.    

And I studied -- still do -- both the old LSL wiki and the "Official Wiki".

I don't mean to be discouraging, but I really think making decent breedables might be an over-ambitous first project for a beginner.   They really are rather complex pieces of work, requiring a very detailed knowledge of a lot of different types of scripting.  

Scripting is something that can't be learned quickly, like making animations and objects can. The word "scripting" makes it sound quite simple but it is actually programming, just like any other programming using any other other high level programming language. To be a decent scripter, you need to become a decent programmer, which takes time, more time, and then more time. Don't misunderstand "high level" though. High level languages are closer to the english language and, therefore, easier.

The post above is a good place to start but start with simple stuff, and don't expect to be writing your own breedable scripts in the very near future.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.