I am getting a script error on scripts I have used many times before in weapons. Now I cant fire

Foxbriar Aeghin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have used these scripts for well over a year, now I get a script error . The weapon wont fire. It says something about "Trigger Animations Permissions not set" But I have. set perms, and reset scripts..everything I can think of. I have no AO on, and have never had this happen with these scripts. I have tried other viewer and other avatar and no luck. I have even used previous

weapon blanks and it still wouldnt work.

2 answers to this question

Do you always use this weapon in the same sim?  Could be a server software problem.  Look at the Help-About Second Life and see what sim software is being run at that sim.  Then go find a sim with a different load and see if it makes a difference.  Could be an issue with one of the RC updates that were done this week.

--Cinn

The message you're getting, I think, means the script is trying to play an animation without having the necessary script permissions.   It's nothing to do with your AO or anything like that.

Scripts need permission animate your avatar.   If the script is in something you're wearing (or sitting on), the request is granted silently and automatically, but the request still has to be made in the script.    Normally, a script in an attachment will request PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION in the attach event, which fires when you attach the object, not unsurprisingly.  

Off the top of my head, the most likely reason you'd suddenly start getting this sort of error is if you've reset the script while you're still wearing the object (it shouldn't happen if the script had proper error handling but not all scripts do).   But detaching it and then reattaching it should fix that, I would have thought.    If it doesn't, try rezzing it on the ground, then resetting the scripts (and ignoring any error messages) and then take it back into your inventory and wear it.

If that doesn't work, you might ask about it in the scripting tips forum, and see if anyone there can suggest anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.