"Unable to connect to Simulator" - This pops up every time i try to login with my Main Character ...

Erdbeere Robonaught

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there ...

im unsure if its the right section for if not please move :) Well i have a problem to log into world since yesterday. i read about people with the same problem with having weird letters in Groups. I created a Group yesterday too so maybe this is exactly my problem but im the owner and unable to log in so i cant change .. delete .. switch or something like that..

Can someone help me?

Thank you so much for the 3 Answers yet but nothing worked .. still open .. the stupid thing on it is i dont have a credir card that i could upgrade my account to premium to have features like live chat .. is there a support hotline for germany that could help me out ?

3 answers to this question

This can be a tricky one to solve.  Before you log in, but while you are at the login page, type CTRL + P to open your Preferences.  Then, in the General tab, turn ON the two features that say Hide All Group Titles and  Hide My Group Title .  Then try logging in.  That might work, if you are lucky.  If not, then the only other thing I can suggest is to use Live Chat (if you are a Premium member) and get someone there to either change the group name or just delete the group.

In this order, try:

Wait, sometimes the servers have problems, only wait a few hours at most.

Retype your user name (both of them) and password in the boxes provided on the logon screen.

Check the Second Life grid status for logon problems.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/

Try logging on at

http://slurl.com/

On login screen take this path. In top left hand corner of screen, click, me > preferences  > in the general tab, click the box next to start location, choose "show start location on login screen" then close the viewer and relog on. Now you have something new on your login screen. Click the down arrow and choose "home", or "last location" or type "Violet" (Any region you can remember will do, if you remember the regions name spelling exactly) in the "type region name" selection. Try all three if you need to.

For wired connections for modems only: Disconnect all wires concerning your connection, wait 30 seconds then plug them back in again, including the modem and transformer. Wires should snugly fit into ports. These instructions do not apply to routers.

For wireless connections and routers: Reset your system clock. See "help and support" in Windows for directions.

Your firewall should be set to "outbound access only" for the Second Life program.

A group tag with unusual characters can cause this problem. If you think that you may have one activated, try Rolig's suggestions to get rid of it & if it is your own group and you have an alt with group powers to change the text on tags you could try that. You can even try getting your alt to go in and get you kicked out of the group if it is not your own one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.