I cannot upgrade SL to the last versions

andremen Viper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everybody, each time there is an upgrade to a new version of SL, this one doesn't work, and I am forced to reinstall the version 2-2-0-212097 that I saved on my hard disk, fortunately !!

So I can't install a new version anymore and must keep the 2-2-0-212097 cause each last one doesn't work, not that it is a big problem but only to understand why, you must know that I have the last drivers of my graphic card ATI Radeon 2600 PCe.

Thank you for a reply, if any :matte-motes-grin:

4 answers to this question

When you say that the later versions "don't work", do you mean that they crash before they open?  Or ....?

Depending on what you mean, there could be several possible answers.  It occurs to me, for example, that SL often doesn't play well with ATI graphics cards.  Try this to see if it helps ...

• Disable AI in Catalyst:
    • Right click on your desktop (or right click the ATI logo in the bottom right tray) and select Catalyst Control Center;
    • In catalyst control center go to the advanced options menu;
    • Then click on the 3D tab on the left side. Catalyst A.I. will be amongst the labels there;
    • Tick the box next to 'Disable Catalyst A.I.'

If it does, then you may also want to open your Preferences and go to Graphics >> Hardware Settings to UNcheck the boxes for Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO) and HTTP Textures.  Then clear cache and relog.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.