Decorating Section for the Forum

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a chance we could get a decorating area for the forum? 

I need some decorating advice, yet don't know where to post it?

So, do u think there is a chance we might or could get a decorating area for the forum if someone tweets Rod?  lol

This version of the forum has gone through a wave of over-creation of subfora and then mashing some back together.  You might try the Art, Music and Photography subforum under Creation (I think that is what it is called).  Or, you can just post in General Discussions.  People will respond to you.  Just make your subject as specific as possible so we know what we are getting into.

To answer your specific question, the place to raise this would be the Community Tools User Group meeting which is now meeting monthly, I believe, and is due for a meeting 4 August.  Here is their wiki with the meeting location, date/time and agenda (always under development).

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Community_Tools_User_Group

Oh cool.  It might be helpful if we could add a poll to see how many people would like a specific part of the forum dedicated to decorating.  Then we'd have some idea if it's a good idea or not.

Art, Music, Photography or General for advice on decorating.  Which do you think is best? 

Mayalily wrote:

Art, Music, Photography or General for advice on decorating.  Which do you think is best? 

Both. As Venus said, people will answer you anyway. So that is really up to you. Note that kudos are enabled in the Art, Music and Photography section.

Okay, I'll post as soon as I take the photos. 

I'd love a decorating forum because I think I could get so many ideas from the pictures people would share.

Right now I need some advice on doing some windows. 

I wonder if crying would help get us a decorating forum.  lol 

I'm stupid but I have to ask: You mean decorating as in decorating your home?

It could be nice with a Homes and Gardens subforum. Discussing all sort of builds, terraforming, what should I buy of furniture, flowers and landscaping stuff. Cound be all stuff from a new photoframe for the desk, to a whole sim surround landscape. 

I'd like to see a decorating forum or at least more posts about the topic. Homes, furnishing, planting, landscaping, and more could go into it. It ties directly to land ownership which makes huge profits for the LLab. I can imagine the topics now, 'Fireplaces, Do we need em?', 'Need tips to decorate my bathroom', 'How to hide the sexbed.'

@ the OP, Marianne, Bree, I second you on that. I would certainly vote for such a forum. Many of us spend lots of time (and money) to decorate their home and would surely be more than happy to share tips of this topic. After all, we already have a Fashion forum where we "decorate" our avatars" the why not one dedicated to our homes and gardens?

@ Bree: lol, the "how to hide the sexbed" would make a blast! :smileyvery-happy:

Yes, home decorating. 

I need to get some photos done of my windows so I can ask for advice.  I've tried like five different curtains and they all fail.  My windows are regtangle horizontal shaped and whenever I try to stretch a curtain or a drape, the texture gets too stretched out and looks blurry.  So, I need some advice on what I can put on my windows that might work, i.e, not get too stretched out or blurry and also the window part seems to bleed thru my curtains.  I've been failing all over the place with trying to get drapes to look right.   Plus, I'm sure I'd get a lot of good ideas from a decorating forum.  I also need something that will look good in a kitchen and cover the windows correctly; so a fancy curtain I don't think is going to work for my kitchen.  I have other drapes that look good in the living room, but those drapes are too fancy for a kitchen, just in my opinion. 

Yes could be, but I need rocking chair advice and other things that have to do with color coordination; color coordination is more in the decorating scheme of things, I'd think.  There are just lots of questions I could have. 

I never go to that section because I know nothing of building n texturing.  I'm just a renter who wants to decorate and view other decorative type of photos.

I'm going to cry now. 

Also, I'd like to change my home decor every once in awhile.  I have been changing my decor sometimes with a season, such as Spring, I did an indoor Spring garden theme, or just for a change of pace.  I think many might like to change their decor once in awhile; how many would like a change now and then, I'd have no idea.   I just know I will be changing from time to time. 

Yes, but that would add prims inside my house count, wouldn't it?  I need my prims for other pretty things.  Also, my window thread has started in the Art, Photography and Music section, or whatever the order of that forum is.  Art, Music, Photography?  Can't remember.  Anyhow, I've already started a thread there. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.