Poll: How do you feel about your Second Life experience?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings, all!

I'm a UK educator and researcher running a blog, The Unlimited Dream Company, whose purpose is to explore something of the psychology of living in social virtual worlds.  I've posted a first poll on the blog that very simply seeks to capture how you fabulous people feel about SL, your primary emotional response to being there.

I'm really interested in your views, so I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd take just a couple of minutes to take the poll, a simple 'select-an-option-and-click':

http://theunlimiteddreamcompany.wordpress.com/2011/07/22/poll/

Thanks to all who respond!  The results of the survey will be published on the blog on Saturday, 20th August.  But, hey, don't wait till then to participate!

Khoisan / Christopher

Often I take it for granted because it is just there, but when I think of it is maybe a feeling of excitement?

Sometimes I feel like it is a connection to another dimension of the human mind. Some mindstate dreaming yet apparently real (because it is consistently existing, never in an OFF state), a place where all people can bend all reality at will -- shaping it to our wishes on demand.

In this space, minds can become fragmented without harm to psyche, and life experiences can become multithreaded in character before rejoining the experience to individual consensus. A place where we can explore & create a reflection of ourselves.... and together a reflection of our global civilization, all our hopes, dreams & fears.

Perhaps this is comparible to each of us having our own private portal to another planet, acting as distant shadows, we project our observational self to act on some far away plane.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.