i am running an intel based graphics card how can i play second life?

Icequeen Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

With great difficulty I suspect but the best way to find out is try.

If you're using one of the newer Sandy Bridge chipsets, you're likely to have more luck but even they need a discrete card as well to get much beyond Low Graphics mode.

What is your computer specification including the Intel chipset?

It doesn't make any difference who made your graphics card, as long as it meets LL's recommended standards >>> https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/index.php?lang=en-US .  All you need to do is download and install a viewer and run it.  See http://secondlife.com/support/quickstart/basic .

Welcome to Second Life!

If all you have available is Intel graphics, try using a pre-windlight viewer (Raindow is a good option).  It will not have nearly the visual quality that you get on a newer browser (and may not be usable once mesh becomes popular) but it will have the lowest impact on system resources.  If you are running a laptop, make sure to get a cooler with active fans, asSecondLife will heat up your computer.

I run Rainbow on a netbook with Intel 945 graphics, and it is OK but gets low details at short draw distances.  Try borrowing something that will render shadows if you want to see what SL is capable of...it's night and day running low-end hardware and medium-high end systems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.