how can i copy my landmarks history into new viewer?

MarySueXIII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

The landmarks don't need to be copied. They are stored server-side. If you want the teleport history on Firestorm, you need to copy the file teleport_history.txt from your user directory in the Second Life folder into the according folder of Firestorm. Where the folder exactly is depends on the operating system.

On Windows 7 you need to copy from C:\Users\<Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\<SL account name> to C:\Users\<Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm\<SL account name> . Please note that the AppData folder usually is a hidden folder.

On Windows XP, you will need to copy from C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows Username>\Application Data\SecondLife\<SL account name> to C:\Documents and Settings\<Windows Username>\Application Data\Firestorm\<SL account name> 

Edit due to some edits in the meantime: Copying the file from V2 to Firestorm and vice versa works at the moment because the TP history in Firestorm is still the same as in V2. However this might change in the future as there wasn't any work done on that topic.

I doubt that you can copy your Teleport History from one viewer to another.  It may be possible to move the file on your hard drive, but I suspect that the viewers handle the information differently.  The best way to find out for sure is to send an e-mail question to one of the Firestorm support staff listed at http://www.phoenixviewer.com/support.php .  They are extremely busy these days but also very responsive.

If you actually just want to have access to your Landmarks, which is a different matter, don't worry about it.  Any landmarks that you have created or been given are in your Landmarks folder in Inventory, which is stored on LL's asset servers.  Firestorm will access them the same way that LL's V2 did.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.