failden labs

w1zard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, the Marketplace search is eternally flawed.  It's the one thing Linden Labs just can't do.  Good search or database query.  Look at your inventory..If they had a notion on db query, we wouldn't be so limited on doing searches in our inventory, SL search or Marketplace.

Just remember this rule, if LL made it, it probably doesn't work too well but if they got it from a third party, it works.  They should just outsource everything to experts.

your search results will bring up things irreverent to what your looking for because of the keywords someone has used in their listing annoying i know as for what you've highlighted every time i see something like that it always occurs on the first result it might be a bug in the system but i think nothing of it

also using all categories will bring up tons of everything about meeroo's..

there should be some category that it fits in that would give you a better search..allso using all category and doign low price to high has it grabbing everything low and putting it first..

ETA: oh wait  LOL now i see the one for 800 in there..ya thats pretty messed up  lol..sorry i was confused and thought it was about why nests were not showing up hehehe

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Yes, the Marketplace search is eternally flawed.  It's the one thing Linden Labs just can't do.  Good search or database query.  Look at your inventory..If they had a notion on db query, we wouldn't be so limited on doing searches in our inventory, SL search or Marketplace.

Just remember this rule, if LL made it, it probably doesn't work too well but if they got it from a third party, it works.  They should just outsource everything to experts.

Chelsea I totally agree with you except for one point; LL outsourced a lot of the design and programming for Viewer 2 and we all know how well that all turned out! :smileysurprised:

Outsourcing can always be a challenge.  It is up to the organization doing the outsourcing to keep close eyes and hands on the development of the product, testing, etc.  The contract needs to be well negotiated with payments linked to deliverables.  So, while LL may not have developed the product, they are ultimately responsible.

Those search results are accurate in the screenshot for -what- is returned, its the price of the called out item that is troubled.

Unless there were no more meeroo nests in there than those shown, in which case that's a proper result and its fine that the next item might be a partial match on either meeroo or nest.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.