Body shape I was wearing has dissapeared out of inventory Avi won't load!

Tari Shieldmaiden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So what happens when something important you were wearing.. like your body shape and skin dissapears out of inventory?    When I log on I get a notice saying that I am still downloading my clothing.    But nothing is downloading.  My avi eventually appears as it was before I bought a shape for it but it has the blank skin and is naked.   I can't do anything to the AVI at all.  If I try to change to another body shape it insists that I have to wait for the body shape it was wearing to download first and nothing is downloading!   What happened to all the expensive shape and skin I bought?  How do I get my avi back?

THANK YOU!   I went through every step and solution, resetting settings and deleting caches and of course, in the end it was almost the last thing that worked.    After resetting to the test character I was able to rewear all the inventory that the manual cache deleting had recovered.     So happy to have my avi back!

:smileyhappy:Thanks! Glad you sorted it out. Here a tip in case you crash your avi again: edit your appearance, check all the boxes (shape, skin, eyes, hair, even clothes) then click 'save outfit' at the bottom left of the window. Name it in a way you can easlity remember (something like 'my favorite me', lol). It will create a subfolder in your clothing folder so you can fastly retrieve your 'real you' next time it happens.

Tari, I have had the same problem on occasion.  Even knowing the steps to correct it can be maddening because it always seems to happen at the most inopportune moment.    A friend finally suggested  making an "Emergency Recovery" outfit and saving it in My Outfits.

The recover outfit is simply the issue shape, skin, etc. that I had on my very first appearance in SL.   So when I have this problem, I simply drag my recovery outfit to my avi, then drag a second outfit I created with my current shape, skin, etc. and a pair of shorts and a top in it.  

I can then change into whatever I wish to wear with ease.  It works everytime.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.