Problem with script that was working fine a few days ago.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The "smooth" rotating door script that I placed in my creations was working perfectly fine a couple days ago but all of a sudden it’s starting to malfunction and I have received a great deal of complaints from my customers on this issue. Could someone please explain to me why the door script has stopped working properly all of a sudden? Is the problem temporary or permanent and is there anyone else facing problems with scripts that have stopped working the way they should over the past few days leading up to now?

I wonder if this is as a result of recent sim code changes that have impacted "juiced" scripts.  Scripts which were taking advantage of tricks to boost their performance?

I can see how that would be the case here as it might have been employed those methods to claim enhanced script time to make the door move smoothly rather than in steps.  Now that they have broken those methods that might be why.  This is speculation, best to contact the script provider.

Thank you all for your helpful responses. :) You must note however that the homes (with the malfunctioning door script) have been distributed to persons who own various SIM types with their own respective server setting/code so there is no way for me to tell whether the buyer's server code is one that would cause the script to function or malfunction. It’s a bit of a bet that I’m reluctant to make.

I have had scripts suddenly stop working in the past, and never really understood why. I have checked over the scripts and they have been fine but just do not work. Some times they will work a week later, others have never worked since. I suspect LL has been doing some tweeking again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.