I own my own parcel, I also own my own house but I still can t get the TV's to work, please help

Cochise Digfoot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

If it's group-owned land, you'll probably need to "Deed" the TV to the group.

Also remember that there can be only one "Land Media Stream" per parcel... so if you have multiple neighbors living on the same parcel, changing the station on one TV changes the station on all TVs.

• Like 1

TVs and radios will work as long as there is a URL in the relevant tab on About Land.

Only the owner of the land can change the URL so if you want the TV or radio to be able to change channels it has to have the same owner as the land.

That is why, if the land is group owned -  that means it actually says on the first tab in about land that the owner is (Group Owned) - you then need to deed the TV or radio too, so that they are also group owned & have the power to change the URLs.

You can find TV's that use the new Media On A Prim (MOAP). You must be using a newer viewer that uses Viewer 2 code to be able to see them. They are not dependent on the Parcel/Estate stream.

I haven't kept up on how MOAP is developing. The viewer is designed to allow media plugins so that Flash, Video, and other types of media can be used. In general web pages can be displayed and they support Flash, Youtube, and most other media. Whatever Web Kit supports. But, there has to be a web page with the media you want to see. 

There are free YouTube TV's in The Market Place. They show YouTube video and similar online video.

There fancy versions of a type of TV called Media Viewers. With new Internet TV channels these are becoming more TV like.

Several Media Viewers come with a collection of adult video.

So, you do not have to be tied to the Parcel Stream that only Estate or Estate Group level users can change. Remember. There are free versions of most things in Second Life. Try those out. The Pay-For versions usually have more content and better controls.

For things like this shop The Market Place, as the product descriptions are much better. The Market Place

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.