An error message whenever I try to log on.

EagleDotNet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

we're having trouble connecting. there may be a problem with your internet connection or the SECONDLIFE grid.you can either check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes, click help to view the SECONDLIFE  support portal, or click teleport to attemp to teleport home. 

what I do ?

plz

3 answers to this question

For more information on specific error messages see: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:Error_Messages

That is the Error Category Page, so it has lots of links. Read through for the one that you think fits best.

To test your connection visit SpeedTest.net. 

You can also test the connection if you ever get logged in. Press Ctrl-Shift-1 (its a toggle). That opens the viewer stats panel. Look for PING and Lost Packets. Ping should be 250ms or less. The higher it gets the more problems you will have with SL. Packet Loss over 2% is a problem and the higher it goes the worse things get.

Bandwidth (download speed) should be 500kb or better. The higher it is the better. Going lower than 500kb/s creates problems but may be usuable.

SpeedTest.net should tell you if the connection is good enough to login.

• Like 2

Check that your firewall does not have SL blocked in anyway & also try resetting your router, leaving it off for at least 10 seconds. You can also try moving your cable to a different socket on the router as I have seen that help a couple of times.

Also try logging in to a different start location in SL. If you do not have that option on your login screen, go to Me > Preferences and check the box next to "Show on login", click ok and close preferences and you can now type in a new start location in the drop down box that has appeaered. Try using Smith.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.