changing a preset wardrobe

daivedo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There must be some kind of notecard with some tricks for speeding up the process of changing from one SET of clothing to a different SET of clothing., if there aren't any notecards for this process, has any one found any ways to do it quicker and less labor intensive?

Exactly, wear everything you want to wear, go to the outfits tab and save the outfit. Then, you can put on and take off whatever else you want and save that as an outfit. Whenever you want to change outfits, just right click on that outfit and choose replace. Changing outfits is as simple as right click, replace.

http://secondlife.com/my/whatnext/basics/customize-appearance.php

I have recently refined the way in which I use V2 outfits, and it is working out very well.  I have a nude avatar outfit that contains everything I always wear:  skin, shape, eyes, bald head, AO, a couple of tattoo layers, and a few handy attachments.  I have a couple of other outfits that each contain additional attachments that I wear for specific activities.  I have dozens that contain clothing, shoes, jewelry, hair, etc. that I have put together; after I made them, I deleted the contents of the Nude Avatar outfit from them.  Using a filter makes the deletion fast and easy.

The major advantage of doing it this way is that it saves much work when you change certain things.  What inspired me to do it was changing to a new shape.  I had to change the shape in every outfit.  If I change it again, I will have to change only one, the Nude Avatar.  Another example is, if I become interested in a new activity for which specific attachments are needed, I can just make one new outfit for them instead of changing multiple outfits.

Something I am just starting to do is use links outside the My Outfits folder.  Using stockings as an example, I have a folder for stockings, which contains all the ones I bought by themselves.  I also have a lot of stockings that came as part of ensembles that they go well with.  I don't want to separate them from the clothes they came with, but I would like to be able to find them without going through a lot of folders.  I plan to create links by wearing them (up to five at a time) and saving outfits.  I can then drag the links to the Stockings folder.  Interestingly, dragging a link from My Outfits to another folder moves it, but dragging it back copies it.  After moving the links, I'll delete the outfits, of course.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.