Sign in to follow this  
Moni Duettmann

What's wrong with men?

Ceres wrote:

Del Westland wrote: 

As others have mentioned, if you're looking for a real relationship in Second Life then the avatars are just placeholders ...

Well you tell that to the Kirin I fell in love with last month. I mean he was really a smooth talker and all for a dragon but he wasn't interested in 2 legged human. Talk about real relationship...

Probably wanted someone more willing to express a vivid imagination - or someone with whom he would not feel pressured to be 'normal.'

That is not to claim you lack imagination (how can I know?) - but that if you are on a human, he has less ability to feel that you are a kindred spirit to him.

Furries take a lot of heat from humans in SL, and so end up dishing quite a bit back at times - and one way that crosses over into RL is that if you're into a furry AV you're going to be more likely to be comfortable around someone else who at least is more 'experimental' or 'exploratory' in their choice of AV. It will give you a sense that the RL person behind the AV is going to be more appreciative of the choices you yourself make if they too are making 'beyond the baseline' choices.

Huh?  I never said anything about my look?  I don't need a crotch implant look; I'm a female?  Huh? 

And yes there are men who have left SL because they look like a female when they rez.  Not everyone wants to be naked.  I'm talking about a clothes look on male avatars in the crotch area so that a man doesn't look like a female from the waist down, especially a male avatar in tight jeans; it doesn't look right.

Losely fitting clothes on male avatars look somewhat good, or the men who wears those coats to try to leave something to the imagination, that looks good, but not the tight jeans or tight pants look, that looks just like a female.  

I'm talking about like a belt attachment that fits over the tight jeans/pants to give an illusion of males having their family jewels; not talking about naked.   

And I never ranted about a guide.  I suggested that a guide come with the shapes, as 10 million users don't have the same imagination to have short arms.  I said if a guide were provided with the shapes and then someone chose to have short arms; therein lies the your world, your imagination.

Your the one who's ranting. 

Maya, I think that I mentioned in a prior post a slider option on the male shape that can make it appear as if a man is equipped (in a general way).  It is called Package and the slider range is from 'coin purse' to 'dufflebag'.  So, a male avatar need not appear as a female below the waist.  Still, it is not the well-defined, oh-for-some-tight-fitting-jeans, hubba hubba when it jiggles look you seek.

Well, I looked again today when I was on SL and still didn't see anything; looks like a female if the pants are tight.  I also tried looking through the Vanity thread to see if I could find some hunky studs, but when I looked at the few photos in the Vanity thread, the crotch area looked flat as a pancake.  (Only had time to look at a few today; few meaning like three or so.)

So let's start a thread and see some of these clothed beefcake photos. 

But actually I'm just kidding about the thread as no I don't really want to start a thread on that as I think some male avatars might be too embarrassed.... or maybe not... you never know? 

Dressed beefcake thread, anyone? 

"...Well you tell that to the Kirin I fell in love with last month. I mean he was really a smooth talker and all for a dragon but he wasn't interested in 2 legged human. Talk about real relationship..."

One interesting aspect of SL is that people can express sides of their inner selves here that they may not be able to in RL.  This means some RL men will have female avatars, some RL women will have male avatars, some will have furry avatars, & some will have completely non-human avatars, such as dragons.

Some people put on a non-human avatar because they think it's cute or maybe because they don't want to express a gender, But some feel like they're a dragon (or whatever else) inside, just as much as a cross-gender person feels they're different inside.  For someone who uses SL to express their inner dragon (or whatever creature), being asked to change into a human avatar may feel uncomfortable or insulting to them.

If you're dating a non-human avatar, take the time to try to understand why they use that avatar before asking them if they'd be willing to change into a human form.  They might mind or they might not, but don't take it personally if they don't want to. Just as many of us probably wouldn't want to jump on those pose balls with a non-human avatar, some non-human avatars may not want to change their shape or may not want to do that with a human avatar.

There are some places that sell pants with sculpted attachments to make it look as if men have a crotch without having to move their package number to 100, which just looks horrible if you ask me. I have several... you just have to know where to shop. I'd be happy to post some pics (I do not get embarrassed easily), but I'll have to do it tomorrow. Btw, once mesh comes out, I'm sure we'll see much better attachments of that sort... mesh is gonna be amazing for avatar clothing and accessories.

But honestly, you can find pants without the crotch attachments that look just as good... it's amazing what some designers can do just with texture. As with everything in SL, you have to be able to use your imagination a bit.

Oh and I never, ever wear my junk unless I'm about use it... it's far too heavily scripted to be lugging around all over the place, invisible or not.

...Dres

To my eye, increasing the size of the package only serves to give the impression that you have a colostomy bag down the front of your pants. Attaching a prim bulge is little better and gives the impression that you're wearing a male protective box as worn by male cricketers.

I agree with Dres, forget going 3D and choose pants with good texturing and shading in the crotch area.

The setting looks like sh*t on the male avatar. It stretches out the texture in that area when abusing it. I go for a small adjustment, good textures and shading of the clothing designer can make or break the illusion.

@ Persephone & Pussycat :

There wasn't any Kilins... I was merely ilustrating...Ok, call it being Ironic... as to what is Real in SL relationship. But I agree with you both in general... In order to have a relationship with any kind of species you have to understand why they are what they are.

Sometimes, I'm a little crazy but I wont be too stupid to ask non-human avatars to change their way to be My Way. Most furry avatars I've met are not interested in a SL relationship anyway so there will be no preconceived ideas on my part.

Mayalily wrote:

And I never ranted about a guide.  I suggested that a guide come with the shapes, as 10 million users don't have the same imagination to have short arms.  I said if a guide were provided with the shapes and then someone chose to have short arms; therein lies the your world, your imagination.

Your the one who's ranting. 

You were provided with several responses to where such guides can be found, and how people can find them, and how to help make people more aware, but just kept on trucking with 'but why isn't there a guide'. A rant.

And now you're doing the same thing here with the package slider / genital issue. Its there, they can use it or not. People have pointed out some of the why of the genital props not coming pre-attached, but you're responses seem to suggest you're not even reading them.

An OP that starts: "What's wrong with men?" and the entire conversation focuses on the size of his package - even though he is SLemasculated at birth.  You women are brutal!  Just brutal!  I wrote above that this OP was better suited for the LWL group.  Bad things.  

... We asked: What's wrong with men?
... Answer: Ever heard someone said, "You're such a big Di*k?"... I say, Men's 'crotch' started it all.

And here you are saying it as if it is a bad thing...

No, you're the one who's ranting.  It's very easy PC, just don't read a post my posts. It's that simple. 

And what I realized thru the arms too short thread is that it's not a 'your world, your imagination' thing.  I came to the realization thru that thread that the arms are most likely too short because there is no separate bar area that says ARMS because it is not a logical conclusion that 10 million users have short arms, thus it's NOT a 'your world, my imagination' thing.   This is called brainstorming, PC.  Ideas, come out of ideas, and grow from there.  And yeah sure PC your conclusion is for me to drop off  notecards, like I have time to do that or that is realistic for one person to do, especially when my destination guide inworld takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes just to rez and work one time each for each person; that would take me one hundred years at least to try to drop off notecards.   I also said I wish people would have told me a few months earlier my arms were too short, I looked like I had the arms of a 6-year-old and adult sized everything else, and nobody told me but I finally figured it out all by myself. 

I wish I could find a video of Mick Jagger from The Rolling Stones to show a demonstration of how the avatar physics for a dood could look (in tight pants, or skin tight leather pants), but I couldn't find one; some are being blocked these days because of copyright issues.  I've seen two concerts now on VH1 Classics of the "Stones" and I watched Jagger's crotch area the whole time.  It was one of the sexiest things I've ever seen... not to mention seductive. 

At least I am trying to provide some constructive ideas and there is no rule that one cannot answer the title of a thread.  PC, you are put on ignore and we will have no further interaction at all period! 

Awww Maya, I thought you were a bit mellow-er than putting Pussycat on ignore!  She has done so much to help others, especially newbies, acclimate to SL.

I promise, she does not mind if you want to gaze at Jagger vids all day!

Mick does absolutely nothing for me... I'd rather sleep with Keith Richards. Just saying.

...Dres (Or better yet, Johnny Depp dressed up as Keith Richards dressed up as a gay pirate.)

As a man with a female avatar, i have occasionally dated men and have come to the conclusion that there just arent that many sexy, educated and interesting male AV's around (regardless of if they are men behind the keyboard or not). I run into some from time to time that turn my head, but most just don't measure up.

I am going to stick my neck out and say there is absolutely nothing wrong with men... I know because I am one... I am very happily male. I admit we can be a bit obtuse, thick headed and seemingly one tracked minds. That said there are plenty of them out there you just have to get lucky to find the right one (sadly I am taken). I also have to say I am not really in favor of riding pose palls until a script says !*!*!*!* congrats you may have made a baby.... 

Now if you could answer this question about rl women and how to find a good one I will be happy to listen... I have tried multiple times and struck out spectacularly.