Sign in to follow this  
Moni Duettmann

What's wrong with men?

That's the problem with you men... you guys don't talk to each other about this that much.. nah, they come to us and to ask if their bulge looks good. I mean I can understand that, there is no men's bathroom that you guys can go to and check on each other's bulges.

Ceres wrote:

That's the problem with you men... you guys don't talk to each other about this that much.. nah, they come to us and to ask if their bulge looks good. I mean I can understand that, there is no men's bathroom that you guys can go to and check on each other's bulges.

Oh really now?

:matte-motes-big-grin:  Clever, but no.

I can't speak for all guys, but for myself I'm quite content with the size of my package in real life, and therefore I couldn't give two rats behinds how it looks in Second Life.  As others have mentioned, if you're looking for a real relationship in Second Life then the avatars are just placeholders and it really doesn't matter all that much what they look like.

:matte-motes-shocked:

I rest my case... Oh wait! What if the guy on the left has a parkinson disease? You guys better wash your hands before you leave.

i haven't really read  all this thread..just a few of the posts...

i think the best way to find a man in SL is to not look for them..and when they find you and IM you  act as innocent as you can..

let some things go over your head..especially if it is them trying to flirt early on...

do a few subject changes from the flirts like you never caught onto it..

let a few of them hit and respond with little giggles here and there..

basically just treat them like any other person IMing..and that sex and romance is the farthest thing from your mind..

it seems  to work really well for me..because i don't really look for men in sl and i have a hard time figuring out when they are flirting with me..i talk alot about lots of things so i may change the subject 5 times before i am finished explaining something hehehehe(see that giggle i slid in there?) hehehe( whoops did it again hehehe) (Ceka stop giggling and finish)Aaaanyways..i giggle a lot and i basically treat everyone about the same..

sex and romance is really something that is the farthest thing from my mind..

i always giggle when i catch onto a flirt..

oh and always talk about interesting things..like the weather..they really like that a lot :P

Del Westland wrote: 

As others have mentioned, if you're looking for a real relationship in Second Life then the avatars are just placeholders ...

Well you tell that to the Kirin I fell in love with last month. I mean he was really a smooth talker and all for a dragon but he wasn't interested in 2 legged human. Talk about real relationship...

And I don't know why, most men I've gone out with are pretty much insecure about something... You don't know how many times I have to lie to them "Yes, dear... the pants looks good on your bulge" ...

I tell ya, the SL world is changing.. Manly men has turned sensitive and most of us the ladies has turned into predators and will outdo each other in snatching the next available Male avatar with an empty partner box.

And here are some of us ladies, like Moni and I, scratching our invisible dandruffs and wonder where all the single, brave and flirty Don Juans were... 

And I have to admit, for women to be so forward most of the time it's kind of fun that way.  You're spot on with the predator sentiment.

I'd like to think once most guys have progressed past the kid in the candy store phase, they settle down and either stay partnered to one woman or continue on a very destructive and damaging rampage of hurting as many single women as they can with throwaway relationships.  Bad karma, there.

Mayalily wrote:

However, women are deprived here.  Men get the bouncin' breasts, and
women get men with nothing in their pants. 
They look like women from the waist down.  It's discrimination and it's unfair!

Can't they design the male avatars to at least look like they put socks down their pants... or something? 

The 'right' man would write his words so well your female avatar's bosum would heave and your loins would ache--believing he was properly endowed.     

you said:am close to celebrating my fifth SL birthday soon and I consider myself an open, intelligent, friendly and good-looking person (well, someone else should make that last statement, I know! :-)), but believe me: in all those 5 years I have never met a man who seriously had tried to seduce me. I'm not talking about weirdos jumping into the scene and offering instant f.... I mean decent, romantic, witty, nice, but determined approaches with a goal - to get me laid, or perhaps to start a relationship. Mostly men seem to be content with hearing (reading) themselves talk or, in the vast majority, they don't even try to talk to me, or tge conversations ends after 2 and a half sentences. When interested I always try to steer the conversation into the desired sweet sexy romantic direction,  but the men don't seem to "get it". Are they too shy? Are they not interested? Am I not explicit enough (but where is romanticism)? I have been approached by women several times and out of curiosity and lack of men even started a few relationships. But still... I don't get it... Isn't SL the Eldorado for virtual sex? But where is it? Where are the lady killers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said... Get me some vitural dinner.. find the virtual remote.. and get me a virtual beer and we can talk about. it.. after the game... oh btw you look good...  but put some makeup on please... happy b-day

Del Westland wrote:

And I have to admit, for women to be so forward most of the time it's kind of fun that way....

Uh-huh...!Great! Excellent!...

Your place or mine?!

Yeah, but that's talking or writing.  Women still want the visual enjoyment too, well at least I'd enjoy it very much but that doesn't mean I want to go to their place to see their attachments. 

Can't these attachments stay on and then stretch over the pants; a flaccid type look of a bulge, you know... because on women all the tops certainly stretch from a 0% cup to a 100% cup; lots of stretching there.  So if the tops for females stretch to fit any size like that, how come men can't have something that say attaches to say the pelvis area, and then the pants are stretch to fit in that area as pants go in the pants area, not the pelvis.

Have I stumbled upon the next several million dollar idea here, or is it futile for me to try to figure out how this would/could work? 

For instance, I can attach my chimera to my lower arm, and my bracelets don't detach. 

I'm going to research this. 

Go to an info hub or some  other place where noobs gather.   Talk to a few and select the one who seems to have most potential.  Adopt him and make yourself his mentor.  Make yourself indispensable.  It's a steep learning curve but you're going to help him climb it.  Sort out his hair, skin and wardrobe.  Mould him.  Show him some decent places to visit and make sure that at least some of them have dance balls.  He'll have no choice but to dance with you if he's at all gracious and, which is more important, grateful.  Emote a little and he will very likely follow suit.  The rest should follow naturally, as day follows night.

The question is:  Do you have what it takes to grab one of these untried, untested innocents before some other bitch ensnares him?

Del Westland wrote:

I'll be right with you once I get this bulge in my pants just right.  It might be a while.

Ok... You have five minutes!

Maya, sit down and I will tell you something.

The attachment that male avies use to do the deed can remain attached and 'transparent' unless one does a Ctl-Alt-T, in which case, one will see that something is 'there'.  The thing about your chimera on your arm, is that your sleeve will not stretch over it.  It sits outside your clothing layer.  Same with the male attachment.  If a male avie keeps his on, yet transparent, it will be attached outside his pants layer.

Occasionally, a male will come into the club where I work with his attachment on and not set to 'transparent'.  Whoopsie.

Since you have such enthusiasm for this topic, I suggest that you research away.  Ask your male friends to 'demonstrate'.  Take photos.  Enlarge as necessary.  (/me laughs as I imagine your eyes widening)

Have fun!

ETA: What I have described for the human (thank you Deej!) male attachment is true as well for the female attachment.  It can be made transparent but if the wearer forgets to do that or does not detach, therein lies potential for embarrassment.

Try the 'highlight transparent' command in your fave hangout sometime and prepare for some laughs. Or shock.  :matte-motes-agape:

Some of the better male "enhancements" I've seen lately (at least for furries) don't just go transparent, they actually move inside the avatar body when not in use so as to really be invisible. I wonder why this isn't used for human avs as well? I'd think it would save a lot of awkward moments.

I've think I've got it!  Some type of outside attachment sold with the jeans/pants with a resizer menu!  That could work!  I just need to figure out how to make clothes in 3D, though that could take years for me to try to figure out to create, or it could take a few months, I have no idea as I've never tried.  However, I gave my idea away, so I'm sure someone will be working on it momentarily.

To the OP:  You could get one of those signs you know the kind you can wear over your head and have it say "Please seduce me and I'll love you so right, you'll need me to resuscitate you"... or something like that.  Make a sign for over your head that will stop guys dead in their tracks.  Of course I don't really actually know what kind of sign that could be?  Search the internet to find out what guys love.  There are lots of websites that give hints as to what guys love. 

Also, if you like a guy that you've become friends with, ask for a kiss.  That's a romantic start; it all starts with a kiss as far as heart flutters and other twinges. 

Mayalily wrote:

I've think I've got it!  Some type of outside attachment sold with the jeans/pants with a resizer menu!

Actually, I think the original resizer menu's were first used in male attachments.

I do wonder now though why if we can have flexi prims for hair and clothes, why not for the male attachment?  Could also make them physics enabled perchance?

Perrie Juran wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

I've think I've got it!  Some type of outside attachment sold with the jeans/pants with a resizer menu!

Actually, I think the original resizer menu's were first used in male attachments.

I do wonder now though why if we can have flexi prims for hair and clothes, why not for the male attachment?  Could also make them physics enabled perchance?

Ishtara understands these 'things' best. :matte-motes-bored:  Maybe we should wait for her to post.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

You can now buy a male attachment that throbs.  I've seen it do it.  Physics enabled attachments surely can't be far off.   I wonder how many guys would (attempt to) use this option were it made available.  Imagine the hilarious sights we'd see! 

Oh I agree with you completely ... I'll visit more male strip clubs in SL and I'll have more reason to play around with Machinimas.

@ Maya: Don't be ridiculous... what you are suggesting is equivalent to me taking my club around and clubbing males on the head before dragging them by the hair to my cave. I mean I'm already doing that but my club is on alpha texture. I think you need to be educated on the Art of Subtlety.

I've had enough of the art of subtlety, in fact, it's so subtle, I can't see it! 

Yes, something like a resizer "belt" object would work, and it would attach to the outside!  Men and women both would love it! 

Woots!

To the OP, here's a link about what men wish (there are lots of websites like this, don't know if it will help, so write out a profile that you want to be seduced, kissed and wooed perhaps?). 

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/things_men_want_from_women/index.php

squashy Beeswing wrote:

You can now buy a male attachment that
throbs
.  I've seen it do it.  Physics enabled attachments surely can't be far off.   I wonder how many guys would (attempt to) use this option were it made available.  Imagine the hilarious sights we'd see! 

Gee thanks. As if we didn't have enough trouble with **bleep** envy in SL.  Now we are being made fun of too.  Our poor male egos.

/me goes and plays with myself in a corner.

j/k

about the corner that is.

Mayalily wrote:

Also, I've met RL men on SL and they are quite frustrated that they have no family jewels, and they leave.  They are frustrated with the way they look.  The male avatar I was watching yesterday had a crotch as flat as a pancake and it looked just like the females who was dancing next to him who was in shorts.   It wasn't sexy for a man to look like that.  Women's enjoyment is being discriminated against.  Not to mention this causes some men to just leave SL.  They look at their crotch area and get very displeased.  I've seen it happen. 

Just give any such idiot the SLURLS to xcite and Sensations.

As for the shape. The female mesh is hardly any better - in fact its worse for getting good proportions.

If you don't like your look, change it.

This is the same as your whole thread about guides to proportions - pointless ranting where you do not want to hear an actual solution.

We gave you links to guides there, and you just kept on trucking with 'where is a guide? as if some magic wand would appear above your head and put those links in your inventory folder next t your shapes.

Its the same here. People can fix these issues - they just have to go get the items or edit themselves to do so.

I seriously doubt there are many if even any men who have given up on SL because their avatar didn't render on initial login with a big wanker sticking out the front.

I seriously doubt there are many if even any men who have given up on SL because their avatar didn't render on initial login with a big wanker sticking out the front.

I suppose you *could* call it a wanker if you wanted but it's actually a wank stick. 

Wanker = one who wanks.  :-P  Or foolish person.  Eg, silly wanker.