Nemo II - the most amazing build I have yet to see

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last night I was surfing YouTube and came across the most amazing video on a sim build.  I must have watched it 10 times and being a builder for 5 years, I can say for the first time, I am completely envious of this persons builds skills and creativity.

It is a place called Nemo II and it's farily new.  I have yet to explore it but will today and I can't wait.  You need to see this video and the amazing things this person has done. Even down to fully reflective looking mirrors that spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viANL23KYP8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTtecn2kPpg&feature=related

Nemo was closed somewhere after June last year since then Sextan has never made big projects. He did build some shops recently and you could buy bits and pieces from the old Nemo sim. He used to post here too but has gone quiet since then.

I'm with you... He's such a brilliant content creator.

If there was ever a SIM that Linden Lab should have kept alive, It was Nemo.  Maybe there are some SIM's out there that comes close (New Babbage for instance), but personally I haven't seen anything else the level of Nemo.   I would love to see more places that come up to the level of artistry that Nemo had.

Perrie Juran wrote:

If there was ever a SIM that Linden Lab should have kept alive, It was Nemo.  Maybe there are some SIM's out there that comes close (New Babbage for instance), but personally I haven't seen anything else the level of Nemo.   I would love to see more places that come up to the level of artistry that Nemo had.

You should take a look at Insilico and Doomed Ship. Saiwa Red Mines was shaping up to be that level, too, but it seems to have disappeared from the grid. Nemo was a masterpiece, but there are others on that level and even beyond. 

I was going to recommend the safari sim Cap Estel, but it seems to not be allowing visitors at the moment. The landscape has changed in the world map so maybe a new build is being done.

Blackspot Shipyards is worth seeing, as is Hangars Liquides

There's plenty of other sims that came and went that were Nemo quality as well. Greenies, the Baron Grayson sims, The Shipyard and more.

I'm surprised at how few of these sims get into the public eye. I doubt Nemo would be nearly as well known as it is had it not been featured for so long on the SL homepage. (Actually, it still is even tho it's been gone for a while, unless I'm mistaken.)

Penny Patton wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

You should take a look at
and
. Saiwa Red Mines was shaping up to be that level, too, but it seems to have disappeared from the grid. Nemo was a masterpiece, but there are others on that level and even beyond. 

I was going to recommend the safari sim Cap Estel, but it seems to not be allowing visitors at the moment. The landscape has changed in the world map so maybe a new build is being done.

is worth seeing, as is

There's plenty of other sims that came and went that were Nemo quality as well. Greenies, the Baron Grayson sims, The Shipyard and more.

I'm surprised at how few of these sims get into the public eye. I doubt Nemo would be nearly as well known as it is had it not been featured for so long on the SL homepage. (Actually, it still is even tho it's been gone for a while, unless I'm mistaken.)

Thanks for the suggestions.  I always loved Greenies.  That was another great loss.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As others have said, Nemo is gone. Sextan began to build something new at a sim called Liberty Cove, but unfortunately that is now shuttered as well, and he has closed his Marketplace store. He may re-open the Marketplace store at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath. He's rarely in Second Life anymore and is doing some work in another grid. If you'd like to see more of Nemo (including its destruction), there are a few clips on my vimeo stream - http://vimeo.com/user5050923/videos.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.