Second Life Mythbusters; getting rid of some of those old SL myths!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, of course. Anyone can call anything whatever they want to call it. But calling something a word that has a different meaning, doesn't make it that meaning. E.g. saying that coffee is tea doesn't turn the coffee into tea any more than calling an environment, or place, a game turns the environment, or place, into an actual game.

The only reason that some people wrongly think of SL as a game is because it looks a lot like some actual games.

Fenix Eldritch wrote:

I've got one I'd like some input on.

Myth: Nudging the Maximum Bandwidth preference (in either direction) can cause stubborn grey textures to "pop" and load faster.

Now that is a good myth I'd like to see sorted out!

Jo Yardley wrote:

Fenix Eldritch wrote:

I've got one I'd like some input on.

Myth: Nudging the Maximum Bandwidth preference (in either direction) can cause stubborn grey textures to "pop" and load faster.

Now that is a good myth I'd like to see sorted out!

There is either a thread or a video where Torley talks about this in somewhat general terms.  I am thinking must be a video because he has the statistics bar open so you can see the effect on FPS and packet loss as he changes bandwidth and how things are rezzing.  My search skills are failing me atm, but he did do this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.