Why is there no alpha layer update for Viewer 1?

Amysterious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1.23 and snowglobe viewers will continue to log in for a while, but over the next month or so they will slowly lose funtionality and and become buggy as the code is compltetely switched over to V2 based viewers. I suggest you find a v2 viewer you can live with and learn to use it. Major choices would be LL viewer, Kirstens and Firestorm. I will be using firestorm, but I will use pheonix until it fails to work for me.

viewer 1 hasn't been updated since 2009 thats pretty much 2 years as LL is focusing on V2 as it's main viewer they want to put all the new goodness in there and get people to upgrade to be able to use the stuff they add phoenix viewer and other third party viewers have managed to backport as much V2 stuff as possible in to a V1 interface but pretty soon as early as mesh comes to main grid V1 viewers will be useless they won't be able to show mesh search will stop working the viewers will become increasingly difficult and unpleasent to use i'm sure lots of other things will stop working in V1 they won't be blocked from connecting to the grid but you'll have a much more enjoyable SL experience in V2 you don't have to use the official viewer but Phoenix's Firestorm viewer is billed as the perfect transition from V1 to V2 you can customise it to be as V1 as possible you should use it in conjunction with V1 to get used to it then you won't have such a hard transition when you need to start using V2

Phoenix Viewer has the update your looking for, despite the fact that their customer base has fought them all the way and they haven't a clue that V2 is junk 3rd party V1 viewers have continued to try to keep current with the ability's of V2. Phoenix even has avatar physics. You know those bouncing bewbs and hineys without prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4655 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.