My feet go inside the ground. Is there a script to fix this?

Kwipper Manimal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using one of those 1st Act Werewolf avatars (that I modded into a Werebear) and it's all cool whenever I use their default animations for it. However, whenever I use a custom standing animation. My feet clip into the ground. The avatar uses a animation deformer that streches out my limbs.

Feet clipping into the ground_001.jpg

Now I have these shoes (not the prim kind) that actually correct the issue, but I have to manually detach/attach them whenever I login to Second Life for them to work. It's annoying.

Is there a way I can fix this through LSL script instead? Is there some LSL Script that can correct my character's height? I really could use help with this.

Yeah, but you should remember to reset it when you take off that ugly bear because after that you should like flying over the terrain :)

The reason for that is those "foot-boot" you wear, they are huge depending your avi feet and the result they are going underground. Another way to fix it is to bring the boot prim a bit upper by edit it.

Rolig Loon wrote:

If you use the Firestorm viewer, you can apply a height offset to your av that does exactly what you want.  It's one of the options in the Quick Preferences menu.

That is sweet:smileytongue:

Do you know how it will look to other players looking at you?

It may be a very local veiwer adjustment.

I haven't used it myself, Dora, but people who have are telling me that it is not a client-side effect.  This seems supported by the description on the Firestorm wiki, which indicates that it's a bounding box offset:

Height Offset: Use this to manipulate, to a degree, your avatar bounding box. This can be used to distort orbitors, or to raise you up or down without altering your shape. Very useful for when your AO animations have your feet sinking in the ground. [Known issue in Firestorm 2.5.2 (16748) that RLV needs to be enabled for Height Offset to work- see FIRE-1708]

Notice the JIRA note at the end.  What I'm hearing is that this will be fixed as Firestorm comes fully out of beta later this month (?).

That make sense in a way.
It is RLV dependent and is not involving the server so it is not a global feature merely a Firestorm feature.
Moving the bounding box in general for all viewers would involve the server I guess.

What a pity it isn't global, it would have been nice:smileysad:

Yes, although as I noted the RLV dependency is supposed to go away with the next upgrade to Firestorm.  Phoenix has had this feature for quite a long time and I believe that theirs (same development team) does not require RLV.  Again, I have not had any reason to try the feature myself, and am relying on reports form others.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

In Phoenix, you don't have to enable RLV to make the avatar offset feature work. And it's global, I've tested it with an alt. You can find this setting under Preferences --> Phoenix --> Page 1 --> Avatar --> Z-Modifier.

With global I mean all viewers

Will I see it on viewer 2 when someone sets in Phoenix?

I think the sequence -- and I could be wrong -- was that someone (probably Phoenix) first  introduced this feature separately from RLV.   Henri Beauchamp adopted it for Cool VL, and, when he did that, realised that RLV could be used to adjust the offset by script, per animation, if an extra command or two were added.    Marine clearly agreed with him, and added @adjustheight  (written, I think, by Henri)  to RLV 2.5, commenting, "This value can already be changed through a debug setting in most third party viewers, this command allows to automate the change according to the animation." 

And if you want to know how to calculate the adjustment the script should apply, Henri explains how in his forum.

So, in short, most (if not all) TPVs had this feature before RLV adopted it.   Now that @adjustheight is part of RLV, any RLV viewer has to have this feature, whether accessed via the debug settings or the UI.   In practice, they'll almost certainly have had it anyway, RLV or not, but if you want to access it by script, to change the offset automatically when your AO plays the animation, you'll need to turn on RLV for the automatic bit to work.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

The FS Quick Preference button is on your lower task bar.  However, don't expect this particular height function to work.  It was broken months ago and isn't even in the viewers any more.  To adjust your height today, right click on your avatar, select Appearance >>. Shape >> Body, and scroll down to the Hover slider.  Play with that until your feet are positioned correctly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.