When i try to log in to they viewer it just ses logging in and nothing else happens

Gigextreme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I type in my user name and password and hit log in and it ses second life logging in and the loading bar flashes over and over. Its never ending. IM using the viewer 2 and this is my first time ever logging in if that helps.  I have a thirteen inch macbook pro with snow leopard. its on a wierless-N netgear box and i have five bars at all times 

4 answers to this question

Can you tell us the model and/or specs of your computer?  That will help figure out what to check next.  It would also help to know what kind of network you are on (wired/wireless, home/school/business) so we can tell you what setting to check.

If you are on Windows Vista or 7, make sure that your internet security settings allow SL to access the internet.  It can also help to run the SecondLife viewer in Administrator mode (right-click the shortcut and "Run as Administrator").

• Like 1

If you have the chance, try a different router than the Netgear one. I seem to remember there is an issue with some netgear routers and SL, although I think the issue was somewhat different than the one you describe. Also, try to connect using a cable in stead of wirelessly.

Your Mac is capable of connecting to SL, and Snow Leopard works fine with it, so that is not it. Most likely, the problem is something to do with the connection. Could be the firewall in either your router or the OS.

- Luc -

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.