How do you set the environment editor to get a bright moon close the horizona?

Pat Perth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Basically, you go into environment editor under world, then go into the lighting tab and adjust the sun/moon position.

Here is a link you should find very interesting if you are interested in lighting and changing your sky:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/WindLight_settings

oh, to make it bright near the horizon, mess with the settings like haze distance and the other haze and distance sliders. There are star brightness and sun brightness settings as well, but I don't recall noticing a moon brightness setting. Some of the Torley settings have made fabulous use of the sun as a faux moon.

edit: Ms Aeon is right, I could not produce a moon as bright on the horizon as it is high in the sky :(

I spend a lot of time using Windlight and adjusting settings for photography. Actually I never really noticed that, but logged in to play and you are very correct. The dimming is a feature we may not like but seems like it is non-adjustable. I tried all sorts of variables and still got the same dim moon. I suggest taking a photo of the moon higher in the sky and then superimposing it over the actual moon using graphics software. 

That seems like the only way for now. Thanks for the experiment :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.