is there a way to turn off bright light in editting apperance mode?

Bee Hazelnut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

the bright light dat appears when ur editing ur appearance or clothing is so bright and annoying, any way of turning it off? (im guessing not but doesn't hurt to ask)

bee Baroque - dat didn't work for me. 

just to be clear i mean the light dat appears when ur changing ur shape (right click > "edit my shape / edit my outfit) and ur avatar does a spread eagle stand.

Luc Starsider - thank u turning off atmospheric shaders worked. deselecting automatic position for appearance also worked. i went with the turning off auto position instead. coz i need shaders for shadows. THANK YOU!!

3 answers to this question

try switching off "local lights" in preferences. that works for me. a little tedious to do this every time, but it works. there might be other ways to do that, but this is what i know. perhaps others can chime in here.

add info/comments to your post by using options > edit.

eta: hm, ok that was weird. i know what light you are referring to, and when i switch off local light, so i have sun and moon only that light does go away. not sure what else to try, then, sorry.

• Like 1

I was sure I had seen a debug setting or a menu command for the lights, but I can't find it atm.

Have you tried turning off the automatic camera movement for editing appearance (somewhere in preferences)? Or turned off atmospheric and/or basic shaders? I have no idea if this will help but it's worth a try.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.