VIewer crahses for no reason, get pop up.

Thane Genesis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have had this many times over the years.  You may want to uninstall your current graphics card driver and reinstall a new one.  Just updating usually does not work.

This also may come from inadequate memory from either your graphics card or your RAM.  TCP games will normally just dump memory and move on (Like WoW) where UDP games are more restricted. 

It means something related to your video card/adapter has had a problem.  It could be a driver that got corrupted or needs to be updated.  Or it could mean something more serious such as your video card is failing.  The first thing to do would be to go to your video card manufacturer's web site and search for a driver update for you card.  If that doesn't work then it looks like you are headed for a video card failure and programs that use extensive graphics (like SL does) will be the first programs to bring on the problem........eventually everything will cause the problem and it could make your computer unusable until the card is replaced.  If you have an onboard video adapter on your motherboard you can change your CMOS to use that video to temporarily side step the problem until you can get a replacement card.

When you update your video make sure you uninstall the old driver first.  I'm pretty you have an nVidia card so here's the search page for finding the latest driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I didn't say you had to get a new graphics card.  I said the problem revolves around your graphics card.  That's what that Windows error message said............your graphic failed (or stopped responding) and Windows recovered.  I said there where two probable causes.  1).  Your graphics card needs an updated driver and 2).  Your card is in the first stages of failing.  Update your driver first........if that fixes it then problem solved.  If it doesn't then you are probably looking at an invitable failure and you should be on the look out for replacing it (or at the very least expecting more problems down the road).

And, yes there were updates to the server code that do effect your graphics.  It's possible the last update got ahead of your driver and an update will fix your problem.  I stated the "bad news" in case it's something more serious (expensive.......graphics drivers are free).

CPU: AMD Phenom 9100e Quad-Core Processor (1800 MHz)
Memory: 4094 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 9500 GS/PCI/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 7.15.0011.7578
OpenGL Version: 2.1.2

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600

This is the most recent driver for your card:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-275.33-whql-driver.html

Here's what you need to do.  Download that driver to your hard drive (do not install it from nVidia's web site..........save it to your desktop).  Once you have it downloaded (and scanned with your anti-virus), close all windows and open your control panel to unistall your current driver.  Uninstalling your video driver will not cause you to loose all your video capabilities..........the graphics will be ugly but functional.  Before the uninstallation can be completed Windows needs to restart.  Go ahead and restart.  When you boot back up Windows will "find new hardware" and give you a pop up asking to search for and install a driver for the hardware (that hardware is your video card without a driver).  Close the box........don't let Windows do anything.  Go the the driver you just downloaded and install it.  You'll have to restart again so go ahead and do it...........when Windows is booted back up you'll be using your new driver.  Try SL again.

And, for you information, that driver reported by your viewer is very old..........so it's likely to be the problem.  I hope so anyway.

It's been a while since I used Vista so all I can tell you is to go to your control panel, look for your nVidia driver (it will look just like any other program in your control panel).  Right click on it and choose "uninstall".  You'll get a few pop-ups telling you that uninstalling the program will cause you to loose it........you already know that so just okay out of the pop-up(s).  Uninstall just like you would any other program. 

The driver you downloaded is where ever you saved it to............I suggested the desktop since it's very easy to do and find later.  It makes no real difference where you save it to as long as you know where it is so you can find easily.

I got a suggestion (and I'm not knocking you at all).  You seem very inexperienced with computers.  Is there someone who knows a little more around to help you?  This is pretty basic stuff here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.