Need Recommendations for Shoes

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I said in another thread, I recently noticed that when I wear any of my heels that don't have prim feet, my ankles are deformed, as shown in the photo.  I don't like to wear shoes with prim feet because I can never get the prims to exactly match my skin.)  Actually, I don't think it's possible because to they can't be a uniform color and really match.}

Can anyone recommend nice heels that neither have prim feet nor cause ankle deformity?Deformed ankles_001.jpgDeformed ankles_001.jpg

My knowledge re: shoes comes directly from reading this forum so I unable to recommend any specific shoe styles either with or without prim feet.    However, if you need any suggestions about hair then all I can say is check out: Truth Hair.  All the women rave about Truth Hair.  It is the only answer I have.  :matte-motes-bored:

Hi, steep heels plus system feet plus a foot size less than about 35 or 40 gives scary looking ankles. The size 0 "standard" was always strange. So, modifiable shoes help. On the pair in your picture, it looks like you can get away with bigger feet that still fit, and you could shift the shoes forward and down a little bit to make that missing sole a little less missing. Sculpted sandals are a lot better for the sole problem, but it is not too easy to find many good ones since the fake feet turned to a fad. :|

Unfortunately, the ugly ankle thing cannot be fixed by wearing the types of heels you have in the photo.  Perhaps mesh will 'fix' this but who knows.  You can get some awesome looking shoes that will not show a fug ankle or require that you adjust skin color with a hud from Kookie, ANEXX, and some from Maitreya (not the Gold line).  However, you can find the option to see what your skin color is close to the ankle and then use a HUD to color your toes/foot. 

Maitreya does include a notecard with the purchase of their GOLD line of shoes that will give you the H.S, and L values to make the foot in the shoe match your skin for many popular skin brands.  Even if you do not have a skin listed, you could use one as a starter and shift the numbers as needed.

Thanks for all the responses.  I will definitely check out the brands that were recommended.  

I do tend to wear boots a lot in the winter, and with casual summer outfits sneakers work fine, but there are outfits that I want to wear that just don't look right without heels.

I do wonder about one thing.  All of the heels in SL seem to be very high.  I wonder if this problem would be less if we had the equivalent of two or three inch heels.

Hi,

I second Valerie's suggestions re: Similar Footware. Here's a pic of another style. Sorry about the pic quality, I just wanted to show you a style that shows the ankles. The colour matching can take a bit of effort but imo is worth it.

similar.jpg

This is another brand I recently came across. The skin has lighter shading around the heel that makes it look a bit more realistic, rather than a flat colour. I think there's a demo at the store so you can try them out and see what you think.

Pixel Mode: Fae [A] Khaki Green

Pixel Mode.jpg

The green shoes in this second photo are very popular in rl right now.  The wedgies.  G Field has some cute wedgie sandals for a Summer alternative to sneakers, and they are about 180 lindens a pair, which is a very good price, imo.  However, they are made for viewer2 at G Field. 

G Field has other styles also, but I really did like the wedgies with the tie wrap the best. 

I second Pixel Mode and Similar Footwear.  The latter are pricey but they look fantastic!    You could also try Purrfect 10, Slink and NCore.  If i think of any others off the top of my head i'll add them.

'Jaggies' often seem to appear around the ankles and wrists.  AFAIK, it's just one of the things we have to put up with (or get prim hands/feet)  :matte-motes-bored:

Some of my fav shoes come from HOC...superbly made..inexpensive and fabulous! Often , with a new release, if youre a group member you get additional colours in the HUD,just another bonus :) Price range 50 - 175L...great value. (and they have mid range heel heights also)

GOS is another haunt...they have just launched a bunch of shoes that allow you to mingle different accents bows etc..I think around 495 for a pack of several colours...

Its not exactly the shoes that are causing the ankle deformity but the poor quality mesh we're all stuck with.

Take off the shoes and play with the foot slider - notice how unreal feet look when made to the actual anatomically correct length. Its like the slider just stretches the tips of the toes rather than enlarging the whole foot.

'Shoe layers' are not much better. They're warped contraptions that twist that poor mesh in ways it should not be twisted.

So you're better off with shoes that cover the whole foot...

Once you go that route - pretty much any nice looking unscripted shoe will do. Or at least a few dozen of them will do. :)

Or go my way and get furry paws (or neko paws made by a furry maker - [AnthroXtacy] makes the only 'neko' kit that has a cat-like tail and prim paws & claws that blend well with the body - because she's got the skills from years of making furry kits to know how to do it right. Unlike many Neko makers that mostly make clothes and just have some neko kits on the side - the furry people spend weeks in 3D apps stressing out over individual polygons before letting their sculpts into SL, and it shows when they do a Neko.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.