Where's the animation override (AO)? Thanks

af41

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Being a newbie, the other day I couldn't make my avatar do someting I wanted but kept doing someting else. Even when I clicked STOP animating me - he did stop - but then went back to the action I didn't want. 

3 answers to this question

If you have an AO, you will most likely find it if you look at the items worn. Again most likely, it's a HUS - thinggie that is attached to your screen rather than your avatar. Sometimes the HUDs are placed oddly, so they are off screen. Still it should be listed under the items worn.

I just sent you inworld a tool to stop your AOs : "stop all animations red rose". It stops all your AOs when you wear it.

Also, as Darkie said, check your "worn items". You should find the AO you are wearing there. Right click "detach from yourself". Make sure you detach it and not just drop it, otherwise it will remain active.

• Like 1

From what you described it sounds you used (sit) on something or accepted being animated so that an animation was playing on your avatar. The permission to do so usually should be revoked if you stand up (in case you are sitting) or the script that initiated the animation gets reset. There might be cases however when this doesn't work properly. If you continue getting animated after you chose "Stop animating me" from the viewer menu, the permission hasn't been revoked properly.

What you can do in such a case is, use a viewer that can also revoke permission instead of just stopping the animation. I don't know if other viewers can do that, but for instance Phoenix viewer has an integrated animation explorer that is capable of revoking animation permission for each animation played on your avatar.

BTW: If you already chose stop animating me and start getting animated again, those "Stop animation" tools suggested by others won't work. They only do the same as what the viewer does: Stop playing animations, but don't revoke permissions.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.