Hold, Combat Strike animation Priority 5 jira

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I created a jira for holding and strike animations to have a priority 5 setting.

Here is what I wrote in the jira:

Consistently, animations created to hold objects in your hand, or combat strike animations are overriden by numerous AO animations, if someone is wearing an AO. The reasons for this are numerous. Some of the problems have to do with walk and run animations, which all had to be uploaded with priority 4 settings for the past year and a half, and only recently fixed. Turn priorities are still messed up, as they also have to be uploaded as priority 4 at the current moment. Even if all the LL animation priorities were right, we'd still have this problem, as animators do not have time to redo all their AOs to correct these problems, and some animators do not even know exactly what priorities they should use.

The fix that I propose, is to enable the ability to upload priority 5 animations, but not just by adding it to the pulldown window. If it is just added to the options, then beginning animators will just upload all their animations with priority 5. So, I suggest that another option be created labeled HOLD/STRIKE. If an animator wants to upload an animation as a hold or strike animation, then you have to check the HOLD/Strike checkbox. This would make the animation priority 5, essentially.

Let me say, that I think we have THE MOST amazing animation system ever created, including the use of priorities. It is just sad to see it all get messed up by all these problems. I would also like to see a set of recommended priorities for all specific animation types in the wiki or KB. Yes, I know we have a chart showing the default priorities, but this is not direct enough for people to know what to do with that info.

I uploaded a crude picture of what the animation upload window might look like after the requested changes.

If you think this is a good idea, then please add your own comments to the jira, and "watch" the jira.... please.:smileyhappy:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26424

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.