Sign in to follow this  
TriJin Bade

Over HALF of Second Life is for sale

Gadget Portal wrote:

No, that's an exaggeration.

It's closer to 50k than 100k.

But the point remains.

its an extreme exaggeration, and im afraid you lose all credulity for it.

ty and good day.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

But the point remains.

ty and good day.

Are you really going to paint yourself as that much of a simpleminded dolt? That wasn't even the poster's point that you're hanging yourself up on for no more purpose than trying to make yourself look foolish. Look to people's points, not their side flourishes.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

But the point remains.

ty and good day.

Are you really going to paint yourself as that much of a simpleminded dolt? That wasn't even the poster's point that you're hanging yourself up on for no more purpose than trying to make yourself look foolish. Look to people's points, not their side flourishes.

the point he was making was not only out of scope it was also seriously exaggerated

Gadget Portal wrote:

I gotta agree with Pussycat. If there were suddenly no more interconnected sims and/or mainland, the hundreds of thousands of L$ I've spent on vehicles would be absolutely wasted.

I'd be pissed.

no need for name calling eh pussycat?

and quite frankly ive seen these guys getting indignant cos they cant fly where they like including my land.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i heard mesh is going to be more expensive to upload as well..like 150$L an upload or something like that..if thats the truth then thats gonna be crazy expensive for some builds..

Yes, but now I hear they are going to release mesh with the cost lower at first to get as much mesh on the grid as possible. Once there is mesh all over, then it would be better to see how to adjust cost and PE. Hopefully, PE will keep doing down.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

the point he was making was not only out of scope it was also seriously exaggerated

Gadget Portal wrote:

I gotta agree with Pussycat. If there were suddenly no more interconnected sims and/or mainland
the hundreds of thousands of L$ I've spent on vehicles would be absolutely wasted.

I'd be pissed.

You sunk this one to the low level with your comment, I just called you on it. And you're still focusing on something other than his point so that you don't have to deal with his point - dismissing his argument based on the flourish. That is, in a word, foolish.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

You've basically just described what for me would be a nightmare scenario. And I suspect about half of mainland is in agreement with me on that.

Oh my yes.  What's the point of "scenic," unusable water? 

Marianne McCann wrote:

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

You've basically just described what for me would be a nightmare scenario. And I suspect about half of mainland is in agreement with me on that.

Oh my yes.  What's the point of "scenic," unusable water? 

You don't need to derender all those ugly builds and walls of your neighbours prior to taking a photo of your avatar? That, and the illusion of privacy. The M-rated mainland would be pretty much empty if it wasn't for Blondin's "yes, you can keep your sex beds". Sex bed owners don't want neighbours with X-ray vision.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

I gotta agree with Pussycat. If there were suddenly no more interconnected sims and/or mainland
the hundreds of thousands of L$ I've spent on vehicles would be absolutely wasted.

I'd be pissed.

You sunk this one to the low level with your comment, I just called you on it. And you're still focusing on something other than his point so that you don't have to deal with his point - dismissing his argument based on the flourish. That is, in a word, foolish.

i didnt think his response was within the scope of the subject, i thought his comment was selfish and he made a ridiculous exaggeration.

mmkay?

I would still like to know the intended goal(s) of the experiment. How quickly the thread would derail? How many replies before somebody asked for the source of the data? How many would pile-on with/without tryinh to validate the assertion? Which residents would respond?

Social experiments in the forums FTW!