Someone told me my avatar walks kind of like a hill billy because....

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Grunge IS an art style! 

What else did u say? I don't understand geekese very well at all. 

Anyhoo, Bill needs to understand we want 3D, not 2D.  2D is passe.  Do u think Bill Gates or Steve Jobs understand this?  I mean a million boring texting devices, not to mention we have 3D TV's, but internet 3D how's that doing there Mr. Bill?  Should we write him?  Protest?  Anything? 

No, bossy know it alls are a pain. Next time, tell them to shove it!

I didn't use an AO for a long time. Somehow, I survived.

If you want a nice cheap one that is just as good as other ones, try Vista. They have one for men or women for 1 Linden.

I have a good roundhouse kick animation I can send you for the next time someone insults you. Just say the word. :) 

We all had that noob walk once, so they were just being a creep.

Honestly, you can get a decent AO for cheap.  Go to oracul store, get the hud for free, and look around for indiviual walking, running, ground sit, and standing animation that only cost 10 lindens each.  Everything you need for only less than 50 lindens.  

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

It seems to me that the person that told her that was trying to be helpful in there own awkward way and was hardly trying to be a creep. But I suppose you see that for which you look.

...Dres

Interesting you took my comment to her personally.

The person told her she walked like a hillbilly. That is not helpful. That is insulting.

They were not asked for help. They walked up and insulted someone. If you see that as helpful, we disagree. You didn't need to insinuate something about me.

The first sentence of the OP reads, "They said I need a HUD." Maybe that wasn't as helpful as it could have been but, to me the intent was clear and it wasn't to insult. If the OP had suggested in anyway that this person was trying to insult them then I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

Not only are you reading things into the OP which simply don't exist ("They were not asked for help. They walked up and insulted someone."... and you know this, how?) you've done the same with my reply to you. In no way have I indicated that I took your comment personally, because I didn't. I was merely stating my perception of the situation based on the extremely limited about of information supplied... nothing more, nothing less. Maybe you are privy to some information I am not; if that's the case, then by all means... kick away.

...Dres

I'd certainly consider unsolicited criticism, and the word hillbilly, an insult too. I still remember in my early days when I felt proud of my avatar and once in a while someone would walk up and hand me landmarks without so much as a hello. Or "advice." "Here's where to get some better hair." I always wanted to tell them to stick it. Politely, of course. *grins*

• 2 years later...

Can we distinguishe between a "Walk replacer" and an "Anination Overrider" ?

I am going nuts trying to find a "Walk Replacer"  Abraminations used to offer a variety of "Walk Replacers" but no longer seem to ??

In your inventory a "Walk Replacer " appears as an 'object' and is worn (more or less permanently) whereas an Animation Overider in your Inventory  has the symbol of a human figure and can be played singly  or used in a HUD

The problem with a 'walk' using an "Animation Overider is that when you stop moving (finger off the UP arrow)  the AO continues and there you are walking while stationary - duh ! 

A "Walk Replacer " - at least the Abramination ones I have (No Transfer unfortunately) stop the walking animation  when you take your finger off the UP arrow on the keyboard and only play whne you resume forward motion using the UP arrow

Is there a script to put the animation into an object, which is worn and  which responds to the press of the UP arrow on the keyboard?

maxmittle wrote:

Can we distinguishe between a "Walk replacer" and an "Anination Overrider" ?

In your inventory a "Walk Replacer " appears as an 'object' and is worn...

So does and is an AO. As a HUD.

... an Animation Overider in your Inventory  has the symbol of a human figure and can be played singly  or used in a HUD

No, that's an animation.

The problem with a 'walk' using an "Animation Overider is that when you stop moving (finger off the UP arrow)  the AO continues and there you are walking while stationary - duh !

I don't know where you get your AOs from, but none that I have ever worked that way.

Is there a script to put the animation into an object, which is worn and  which responds to the press of the UP arrow on the keyboard?

Every AO has one.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Four years plus and I still do the nOOb walk too.  Every A/O I've tried made me look like I was walking with a butt plug or like I just got off of a horse.

I can send you a butt plug if you want to complete the look, just pop me an IM :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

maxmittle wrote:

It appears that there has been something wrong with the Animation Overrider (AO) what you were using; it shoul not work like that. You hold down the up arrow key - you walk. You stop holding down the up arrow key - you stop walking. After that if you have standing animations in the AO they start playing while you stay standing.

What are the differences and similarities between walk replacer and AO?

• Both are objects in your inventory; both are worn, both have srcripts and animations in them

• AO is a HUD which attaches visibly to your screen

• Walk replacer attaches to your body and is invisible

• Instead of being a separate object walk replacer animation can be put for example on a shoe

• Walk replacer has just one single walk animation and one script

• AO has many animations - walk, run, fly, hover, chair sits, ground sits, stands, etc.

maxmittle wrote:

resolved - i found a LL Walk Replacer and changed the animation in the script. You sound like a full time **bleep** to me
:)
but thanks for your reply except you didn't help any just gave me lip

What I gave you was accurate information.

Who's the full time**bleep** now, **bleep**?

Sassy Romano wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Four years plus and I still do the nOOb walk too.  Every A/O I've tried made me look like I was walking with a butt plug or like I just got off of a horse.

I can send you a butt plug if you want to complete the look, just pop me an IM :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Does it 'talk?'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3758 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.