Hummm! A quite personal question I guess?

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Someone told me you can marry, have sex, and create babies on SL?  If my question is inappropriate just delete it.

So let's say you marry a member on SL, of course, then do your avatars actually have sex?  Does your avatar show that it is pregnant and does your avatar give birth?

I know this is a crazy question but someone told me this and I am new and curious!

Um... Yes, you can partner (marry) in SL. You can also have pixel sex. You can also have a baby, but you have to pay for that. And they're quite annoying, really, with all that chat spam.

ETA: I should say... The pregnancy is annoying, with the tummy talkers. I don't know if I've ever actually seen a prim baby that talked outside of it's pixel womb.

you can do all that marry someone and have a lavish ceremony or just be happy with the official partnering option LL provides two av's can pixel shag with beds or huds anything with poseballs unlike RL you can't get aids herpes or pregnant unless you buy all the right gear with pregnancy you can RP buy the tummy talkers and annoy the hell out of everyone when it announces every few minutes you need a nap or the baby just urinated, you can get creepy prim babies even RP the birth at clinics if you want to look pregnant there are shapes you can buy or make them yourself

You control what happens to your avatar. So if you want a marriage, you can hold a huge ceremony with a "priest" and all the stuff. Big wedding dress, photographer, bridesmaids. You will have to hire a wedding organizer, or you can do it all for yourself. Just like in RL.

The partnering is done by LL, you just ask to partner your beloved, he/she accepts and the "Partner" box is filled out. You can do just this too, and skip the ceremony. Some partner their alt, some partner a friend or partner a business partner. Just like in RL. (Not the alt part)

Your avatar can have sex with or without marriage or partnership. Just like in RL. You will have to "sit" on a sex poseball. Usually they are in a bed, but they can be anywhere. I have a bit hard to believe that you know nothing of this but... We can pretend you don't. Just like RL. :matte-motes-evil-invert: 

For pregnancy, there is SL business. You can buy a HUD that is said to be good. Search for Mama allpa. Your lover/partner/husband has to wear the male HUD. So it is impossible to be pregnant without wearing a HUD. You can buy pregnant shapes or make them yourself. You can buy a talking tummy, but don't wear it so it talks in public. That is annoying and most ppl will mute you because they will not listen to that spam.

Then when your "pregnancy" is over, you can visit a clinic and roleplay a birth, with animations and all. The baby is made of prims. You can buy a really crude one, or expensive and detailed ones with strollers, baths and all possible stuff. Having such a baby is expensive, Just like in RL! http://juicybomb.com/2010/06/08/zooby-newborn-bailey/

God, I know too much about this, and never been partnered or pregnant in SL! (And I must type quicker!)

yes, i hope im not letting out any secrets here, but you can partner your alt !!!

And it doesnt matter if they are male or female, as long as it is not a child avatar..

Oh and there are really nice and or romatic places you can get married at, or you can just have a quick pixel bang behind the building in the bushes lol

Besides all that, you can also do these things:

-  If you don't get along with your spouse you can quarrel and fight  24/7 , just like in Real Life
-  You need a HUD for spousal abuse unlike RL
-  you can have extra marital affair just like in RL (It gets even sweeter if you are also married in RL too).
-  you can divorce your spouse just like in RL
-  you can fake your own death to avoid undesirable marriage just like in RL

ETA: to add more
- you can't kill your spouse for insurance fraud unlike RL
- you are not responsible for spousal/child support unlike RL 
- you don't need major gender reassignment procedure to fake your real gender unlike RL

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.