Need help with region subdivision ban lines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I own 2 sims and want to subdivide part of it ( the city portion) so the public can access it at all times. However, I want the rest to remain closed to the public and only accessible if one of my managers approves their application. I currently have the parcel subdivided out and set the land settings to public and left the "region" setting for public unchecked. When we tested it, people were unable to tp into the city area which is supposed to be set to public though. I then tried to set region settings to public also, but it then was just all set to public again which defeats the purpose. Can anyone please tell me how to subdivide the city off and allow public access so people can shop but keep the rest of the sim off-limits unless they are approved please? I appreciate any help or advice. Thank you.

~Isabella

first of all check the landing point, maybe it will be in the restricted area and that's why nobody can't TP.

I have set my land in different groups, so I can manage every piece as I want and without problems.

Don't worry about objects, since you are the owner of all you can have the bonus anyway.

You need to set the region to allow public access, and then turn public access off on a per-parcel basis (for the parcel(s) that are not intended to be public).  It's expected behaviour that if you disable public access at the region level, that hits the entire region, regardless of parcel settings.

Pauline Darkfury wrote:

You need to set the region to allow public access, and then turn public access off on a per-parcel basis (for the parcel(s) that are not intended to be public).  It's expected behaviour that if you disable public access at the region level, that hits the entire region, regardless of parcel settings.

That's mandatory!!! Region setup override any parcel setup.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.