Speed problem after last update (2.7.4)

Krash Metaller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the last update to viewer 2.7.4, a few days ago, i'm having big speed problem; the lag meter says I have less than 10 fps; i can't even use the beta viewer because sometimes it crashes.

Is there any new feature that could cause the problem, which I can disable?

Thanks

I understand reports from many with the same problem no matter if they have a Mac, Windows or Linux.

2.7.2 Gives me 35-40 fps, 2.7.4 only 5-7. And i have a Duo Core Vista. My video card is spot on the recommended specifications.

It's a code bug somewhere in the latest version really.

I rolled back to 2.7.2 and am also using 1.23.5. The latter for the daily fun. The first one for designing multi layered fashion for added attachment points. At moments i am looking at 60 fps while my notebook really isn't that state of the art anymore by now (an Asus G50V). But strangly 2.7.4 keeps me locked at 5-7 maximum no matter what i try.

It seems plausible for me that programmers have mixed up buttons in the graphic preferences with program code, keeping the latest shadows and lightning on even if we deactivate it in the graphic settings, and thus driving fps down hard. 

It is unlikely to be the cause, but have you checked if shadows and lighting are enabled? Depth of field?

The 2.8. beta apparently is much better than the current production version of the viewer. Perhaps you should give it a go and see if you get better performance?

- Luc -

Linda Brynner wrote:

I understand reports from many with the same problem no matter if they have a Mac, Windows or Linux.

2.7.2 Gives me 35-40 fps, 2.7.4 only 5-7. And i have a Duo Core Vista. My video card is spot on the recommended specifications.

It's a code bug somewhere in the latest version really.

same problem here, I had to go back to 2.7.2 version. Had problems with alpha textures not loading also.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.