Can't zoom out to see HUD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some reason, when I attempt to zoom out in edit mode in order to see my HUD, which has attached off-screen, I can't zoom out more than just a tiny bit. I used to be able to zoom out quite a bit more, and I'm not sure what I did that changed this. I can zoom in and out fine on the normal screen, it's just when editing HUD's that I have this problem. It wouldn't matter, except that this particular HUD can only be attached to center 2 or it unattaches itself, and I can't seem to edit the axes to move it where it needs to be. Help? How can I fix it so I can zoom out further?

I use Firestorm, but this has happened on every viewer I have used.

Thank you for the response! I tried this, but I still can't zoom out when editing HUD's. I can zoom out fine when editing prims and such, it's just when trying to do HUD's. I.e., I hit "edit" on the HUD in my inventory, scroll out using the mouse wheel, and it zooms out a small bit - I can see the white outline, and maybe a centimeter or so of space on each side, but I used to be able to zoom out MUCH more to edit my HUD's.

I clicked another HUD and couldn't zoom out any further; when I click any other prim on the screen that isn't an HUD, I can zoom out the regular screen, but not to edit/see off-screen HUD's.

I'm wondering if features like Draw Distance or Limit my Selection Distance effect the range of camera motion for Hud attachments. idk

I use a hud that I have to move because it block my view, I click on it and zoom out, then move it outside the white outline that appears and after that I have no idea where it goes. :smileytongue: 

Removing the hud in Inventory and then re-attaching it resets the hud I use.

Hi, I don't know if this will make a difference for you, but instead of the mouse wheel, hold down the alt key on a visible HUD prim and drag the mouse down. That is the alternative for computers without mouse wheels, and it might do the job for a wheel that is there but funky.

I tried changing my draw distance. Good suggestion, thanks! Didn't work, unfortunately. Where is "Limit my Selection Distance?"

Removing and reattaching resets the position. I used to be able to change the axes manually, but it reset every time I took it off. For some reason I can't reset the axes right now. Maybe I'll reload Phoenix and try that, or give the SL V2 a try.

• 5 years later...

I cannot zoom out anymore either. I did that for years. I've tried different HUDs, view distance, alt-mouse-drag, everything I can think of.. but just can't zoom out more than a little bit to move HUDs. Something has changed and it's really frustrating. Has anyone come up with a solution?

• 3 weeks later...

Replying to Ivan.   

Do you have anything that is RLV locked to your HUD space?   This will cause the behavior you describe.  Don't know why, but it does.  If you do have a HUD that is RLV locked, simply unlock before you enter edit mode and you will be able to zoom way out again.   

If you don't have such an item, then, sorry, I have no other ideas.  

Luck.  

• Thanks 1

I just tried too. Firestorm 5.0.1 (52150)   I could zoom out forever (well WAY more than I could ever want to) using the mouse wheel. So it isn't a change in Firestorm.  I was "editing" my Maitreya hud shown in the photo. 

My best guess is that you have something turned on or off.   

Here is my build option settings.

buildoptions.thumb.png.1bf9797d2b90fe324a743712b6623fcc.png

And here are my Move and View settings. Maybe "disable minimal camera zoom distance"? is the issue?

camerapreferences.JPG.3458b36a75584584503b1a218983bb47.JPG

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

• 3 years later...
On 5/12/2017 at 6:50 AM, Anna Salyx said:

Replying to Ivan.   

Do you have anything that is RLV locked to your HUD space?   This will cause the behavior you describe.  Don't know why, but it does.  If you do have a HUD that is RLV locked, simply unlock before you enter edit mode and you will be able to zoom way out again.   

If you don't have such an item, then, sorry, I have no other ideas.  

Luck.  

This is confirmed. Tried RLVa and this was what caused the precise restrictions experienced by Ariel, Ivan and myself. I am thankful that this thread, despite age is still around.

Thanks to all for their contributions over the years.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.