Phantom Objects are a Pain!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there. I do combat in a sim called Titan. A while back, we were created a new build based off of a metropolis. And while that's nice and all, the build makes it very hard on my computer, and makes the fighting more of a chore to do than anything. I talked to a friend recently about it and he tells me he derendered all the sculpts outside the 256x256 sim. It apparently helped improve his computer performance.

The problem I have isn't that alone, but it's related. For some reason, no matter what it is I'm doing -- and no matter what client I am using -- I am unable to do anything with phantom objects! I right-click and select the object in question, but as soon as I click "more" on the pie chart, or hit the edit, the item deselects! It's really frustrating and I've never been able to figure it out. Is there a specific setting I am missing?

And I repeat, it has nothing to do with the viewer, though the viewer I use tends to be Phoenix. I could test it on a standard, unmodified Linden client and I would probably still have the same issue. It also doesn't matter if it's off-sim sculpts or phantom prims sitting in front of me, even my own. If it's phantom, I can't hardly touch it. Any ideas?

Do you really mean "phantom" or are you talking about "transparent?"  They are completely different prim properties. There's no good reason why you shouldn't be able to select a phantom prim (provided that you have perms).  To select a transparent prim, though, you usually need to highlight it first (CTRL + Alt + T).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.