How to change Viewer Language in Basic Mode?

Boroondas Gupte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

I'm not sure whther this is what you want, but System Language is a Preferences setting, at the top of the General page.  You can open Preferences without logging on by typing CTRL + P when you are at the logon screen.  I cannot be sure that you have access to Preferences unless you are aleady in Advanced mode, however.  Give it a try.

ETA:  The other option, of course, is to re-install the viewer and select a different language when that dialog box opens during installation.

I can't find a way to access Preferences from the Basic login screen, even the key shortcut doesn't work, least in 2.8 anyway.

However, what you can do is change the Target in your shortcut link to a different language and it will start the viewer in that language, e.g.

English:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeBetaViewer\SecondLifeBetaViewer.exe" --channel "Second Life Beta Viewer"  --settings settings_betaviewer.xml --set InstallLanguage en

French:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeBetaViewer\SecondLifeBetaViewer.exe" --channel "Second Life Beta Viewer"  --settings settings_betaviewer.xml --set InstallLanguage fr

I don't however know where you will find a list of the language shortcuts like en and fr.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.